Clyde v Albion Rovers

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omg. Rovers. Hope you turn it around.

Rather have 1 rovers in league than 10 kilbies or some other team thrown up like a asda bbq.

Strange game and most o game didnt look like two senior teams..

So Clyde looked poor to you? Was it an average performance would you say?

As for “10 kilbies “? You are clearly hoping we get promoted because 10 teams would leave no place for us!

So, we started off pretty well. Same team as against Annan but Love played a lot closer to Goodwillie in the first half, with more of a diamond in midfield. I'm struggling to remember Albion Rovers touching the ball more than a couple of times in the final third. We should have been out of sight, with Goodwillie missing a great chance and Morrison making a couple of superb saves, particularly the one from Lamont. Only goal was a decent finish across the 'keeper by McNiff which was well deserved for our positive attitude and some good football. 

The second half was dreadful stuff in the main. We just couldn't seem to pick out the right pass and ended up running into dead ends all over the place. Love disappeared completely and Rankin/McStay who had been quality before the break dropped out of things. Still had plenty of efforts on goal and Goodwillie should have killed the game. They had literally no threat at all, except possibly for one moment of near-panic when Currie, obviously bored, decided to go wandering outside his box and ended up conceding a throw-in that was taken before he was anywhere near returning into his box.

Three points were a must today and we got that. It sets us up nicely for next week's match and a chance to stretch away from the chasing pack in the playoff hunt. It was almost an achievement for us to only net the one goal against such a dreadful side. Grant had a good game, intelligent stepping into midfield from left-back and probably should have been in midfield instead of Nicoll who wasn't really needed against that side. Cuddihy decent. Centre halves untroubled. Rankin and McStay terrific in the first half, not influential after the break. Lamont probably worth a MotM point. I can't say Lyon has particularly impressed me in either appearance so far. 

Albion Rovers are down already. Not sure whether to feel sorry for their manager (I've never seen a back four need so much instruction on how to hold a line) or blame him for not finding a better player regardless of their wages. They'll maybe claim that with a bit of luck they could have nicked something, but in reality I've rarely seen a team have MORE luck than they got today. Or a team as bad at taking throw-ins.

Edited to say: Good to see the attendance over 700 today. It deserves to keep climbing. On our way back, etc.

First half had many positives (superb saves from albion keeper aside). Rankin more the player I expected to see and I was glad to see Lamont staking his claim for a starting spot with a MOTM performance IMO. Second half was a dissapointment but thought KB looked lively. DW won't have 2 bad games in a row so I'll have him down for a hatrick next week 

Agreed, first half could/ should have been 3 or 4.  Strange game overall,I think Rovers were so poor we had too much of the ball and over did almost every attack. 

Still its 3 points and that is all that matters; nobody was actually bad today; thought first half Rankin was very good full of energy and trying to direct play, Cuddihy was once again his now usual very good as the goal machine McNiff and Lamont who I think is a terrific player.  If Goodwillie is going to have a poor game for once delighted  it came against Rovers and not when it mattered more. Even then as poor as he was today was still able to produce half a dozen touches of real quality hold up play.

Incredibly frustrating game today. Does show however how much we’ve improved in a year when there’s a sense of disappointment after a win. Wasn’t that long ago we’d have taken any win. 

Lamont MOTM for me. Goodwillie had an off day. Love was very poor. 

Rovers will finish bottom. Had nothing about them at all other than the keeper who made 2 or 3 very good saves. 

Did i say clyde looked poor...

Still rather have rovers over EKs. Gretna. Blah. Blah. Any day o week

No. I asked if you thought we were. Mind you, I shouldn’t be discussing football matters with you as less than a year ago you told me I know - well I won’t repeat it in print- not a lot about football.

First half most we have dominated a game for a long while Lamont was terrific not far behind cuddhy and mcstay who had at least two outstanding long range passes Goody had an off day doubt we will see him miss three chances like that again , thought we could have brought the subs on earlier but hard to question DL judgement ( although I did today [emoji6])

If we had scored a second i think we would have seen the new boys earlier which I would have liked. Think DL done the right thing though. It was an odd kind of game and changes too early might have let rovers back in. Did anyone get a good idea how many fans rovers brought??

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Omg. Rovers. Hope you turn it around.

Rather have 1 rovers in league than 10 kilbies or some other team thrown up like a asda bbq.

Strange game and most o game didnt look like two senior teams..

Really? Quite frankly f**k them is more apt, cup games v rangers celtic motherscumwell, made obsence amounts of  money from them and yet refused to improve cliftonhell, magnificent effort, so quite frankly i hope you get fucked.

Pretty embarassing when all teams from championship level's down only cup final and meaningful match is v the Clyde.

Willing to add more to this, Ednburgh, annan, berwick, elgin in our leaugue, lolrtrose, arbroath east fife, lolfar, my opinion but i think its embarassing where 'clubs basisclly dont care.

None of these ahem """clubs"" have and will ever do anything.

Before folk go off their nuts at me, simply ask whats the point, which no one will ever answer.

1 minute ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Willing to add more to this, Ednburgh, annan, berwick, elgin in our leaugue, lolrtrose, arbroath east fife, lolfar, my opinion but i think its embarassing where 'clubs basisclly dont care.

They’ll never employ a known rapist. That’s something.

6 minutes ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Before folk go off their nuts at me, simply ask whats the point, which no one will ever answer.

Our purpose is to give you giants a game each week.

17 minutes ago, CLYDE ULTRA said:

Are you serious ? Most of these clubs have done more than we have in the last decade. I’d suggest you keep your powder dry till Clyde actually manage to achieve something. Seriously embarrassing post. 

I thought the first half hour we looked like  we could’ve scored a good few. After that we were pretty poor I thought.

Took too long to make a pass, we could’ve put plenty crosses into the box but it seems to me that it’s an instruction not to do that as we never do. 

Overall, said before it would take any sort of win,  so happy enough. Albion are up there with the worst teams I’ve seen. Never seen a team with so little goal threat. Numbers 10 and 11 are beyond rotten. 

1 hour ago, sydney said:

Are you serious ? Most of these clubs have done more than we have in the last decade. I’d suggest you keep your powder dry till Clyde actually manage to achieve something. Seriously embarrassing post. 

Go on then Syd what have them "ahem" teams achieved? f**k all is the answer, and i will tell you why, because they have no interest in doing anything ever, they are happy to plod along expexting nothing and achieving nothimg ever.

Archived