East Fife v Queen of the South - Irn Bru Cup Round 3

King Kebab

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well. The positive is that it's one less game for our threadbare squad and reduces the chance of another injury.

I'm sure there will be plenty of negatives. From someone who wasn't there, 2 shots on target against a side the division below is pitiful no matter how well they're doing.

Best of luck to East Fife in the next round.

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Northfield is the P&B equivalent of the Rev IM Jolly!

No surprise to me on today's defeat and very poor performance .

We have one top class player in Dobbie mark him tightly and that is our attacking threat gone .

We have nothing on the bench that will change a game .

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Oh well. The positive is that it's one less game for our threadbare squad and reduces the chance of another injury.

I'm sure there will be plenty of negatives. From someone who wasn't there, 2 shots on target against a side the division below is pitiful no matter how well they're doing.

Best of luck to East Fife in the next round.

And one on target was from Semple. Strange stats and we do not expect us to have so few shots on target

I'm not sure I would blame tiredness, they are full-time professionals and get paid to play. A lack of competition certainly doesn't help matters, but we are most certainly sending the wrong messages to fringe players seeking an opportunity, there are none at Queens. Where do we go from here? To be honest fkuc knows!!

Just back from this. Firstly well played East Fife who totally deserved to win.  Impressed by them. As the first half wore on they were increasingly the better team with some very decent passing play at times. I thought they struggled to get forward for a fair bit of the 2nd half but that was largely due to the wind making it difficult to get out rather than any particularly great play by us. East Fife handled Dobbie better than many of the Championship teams have done. I would think the East Fife fans will have had a better view than us but it looked very much like Martin (our keeper) shat it for the 2nd goal. Not a surprise if he did in all honesty. Throw in the comedy moment in the 2nd half when he was miles out of his box but chose to just stand there and made no effort at all to get back until Josh Todd lost the ball and the East Fife player had the chance to shoot. Naysmith was absolutely livid at that one and rightly so. Martin for me remains a liability I`m afraid.

Anyway good luck to East Fife in the next round. Cracking club with really friendly staff. 

5 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

I'm not sure I would blame tiredness, they are full-time professionals and get paid to play. A lack of competition certainly doesn't help matters, but we are most certainly sending the wrong messages to fringe players seeking an opportunity, there are none at Queens. Where do we go from here? To be honest fkuc knows!!

Maybe getting  close to a change of manager ...

Archived