East Fife v Queen of the South - Irn Bru Cup Round 3

King Kebab

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_4171.jpg.452608a94c9820ce1110602f5926a919.jpg

A good but tough draw for us, GN returning to his first love and spiritual home and also bringing with him a team in good form and apparently I hear that their striker is no too bad!!!

But if we play as we did against Partick at the weekend and in fact if we play as we have done against any of the FT outfits we've come up against this season we should do no to bad, definitely a winnable tie but it will all depend on which East Fife side turns up!!!

But tbh I'm just happy that we're at home and not having to trail off to the arse end of the British Isles, putting the Club under further financial strain, just in order to fulfil a "Scottish" cup-tie!!!

Just hope GN gets a warm reception on his return in a competitive game. There are certain elements within our support who seem to forget all the good stuff former players did for the club during their time.

Very true, I remember a section of the support booing Stevie Ferguson when he returned to the Nou Bayview when he was on loan to Motherwell from Spurs for a cuptie, completely forgetting that the money the Club received for him basically saved us from having the "Closed" notices being put up, we were that close to going out of business!!!
Scott Mercer?

Nah, you can keep him, we've got Dunsmore now!!![emoji6]

10 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Very true, I remember a section of the support booing Stevie Ferguson when he returned to the Nou Bayview when he was on loan to Motherwell from Spurs for a cuptie, completely forgetting that the money the Club received for him basically saved us from having the "Closed" notices being put up, we were that close to going out of business!!!

Nah, you can keep him, we've got Dunsmore now!!!emoji6.png

When Dobbie comes calling you'll be wishing Dunsmore could've done more. 

I'll get me coat. 

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

When Dobbie comes calling you'll be wishing Dunsmore could've done more. 

I'll get me coat. 

image.gif

• 4 weeks later...

This has the makings of a very difficult tie for Queens, East Fife are playing well and winning games, While today we really struggled, looked off the pace and void of ideas, Only Dobbie got pass marks today, Team needs a wee bit freshened up. 

Have to say I fancy East Fife to win this .

East Fife won 6 in a row we have not won in a few games look a tired team.

Our defence looks a shambles again fancy East Fife to score we have Dobbie but that is it have nothing else we will need more to beat  a good East Fife team have no other threat apart from Dobbie 

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Have to say I fancy East Fife to win this .

East Fife won 6 in a row we have not won in a few games look a tired team.

Our defence looks a shambles again fancy East Fife to score we have Dobbie but that is it have nothing else we will need more to beat  a good East Fife team have no other threat apart from Dobbie 

TBF you`d  fancy East Fife to win if we were on a 10 match winning run. As such a 3-3 draw with Alloa isn`t likely to change that ;)

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

TBF you`d  fancy East Fife to win if we were on a 10 match winning run. As such a 3-3 draw with Alloa isn`t likely to change that ;)

East Fife have won there last 6 games when did we last win ?.

20 hours ago, JessieField said:

East Fife should be favourites for this game now, Queens defence a shambles again today.

To me the defence was shaky,  hardly a shambles though.  If the midfield doesn't take some of the pressure off them by keeping the ball, better passing or winning it further up the park then any defence would be under pressure.  If we don't start this game on the front foot we are likely to be hemmed in if East Fife have a similar work ethic and movement as Alloa.  They are also on a good run of form so we can expect them to play with confidence,  but I think (hope) that over the piece we will be strong enough to edge through.  We could start by not giving the ball away straight from our kick-off as we seem to favour the aimless blooter up the park which inevitably sails over everyone's head. Which coaching manual do they get this tactic from? 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

To me the defence was shaky,  hardly a shambles though.  If the midfield doesn't take some of the pressure off them by keeping the ball, better passing or winning it further up the park then any defence would be under pressure.  If we don't start this game on the front foot we are likely to be hemmed in if East Fife have a similar work ethic and movement as Alloa.  They are also on a good run of form so we can expect them to play with confidence,  but I think (hope) that over the piece we will be strong enough to edge through.  We could start by not giving the ball away straight from our kick-off as we seem to favour the aimless blooter up the park which inevitably sails over everyone's head. Which coaching manual do they get this tactic from? 

I thought that set the tone for the game against Alloa  we  started the game but Semple hit it into the stand no other team does it why do we .

Our free kicks and corners are really poor as well do we not work on these things in training 

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I thought that set the tone for the game against Alloa  we  started the game but Semple hit it into the stand no other team does it why do we .

Our free kicks and corners are really poor as well do we not work on these things in training 

Yes,  I noticed when Alloa kicked off they kept possession for a few passes and tried to build an attack,   they didn't gift the ball to the opposition straight away.  

This game offers a chance for queens to get it right on the pitch again. With Harkins likely to be out injured our midfield will feature either Bell or Norman in the centre. Todd to move out wide. I would prefer Frizzel to come off the bench to impact the game if we are struggling. Might also see Callum Fordyce feature at some point. 

Queens will rightly so be favourites for this game. We are 1 point off the play-offs, and while we haven’t won in 4, we are a superior team to East Fife. In saying that, a home win wouldn’t come as a surprise at all considering the way they’re playing at the minute. However since Dobbie has returned, we’ve played lower league teams 14 times and he’s scored in 10 of those. East Kilbride (0-0), Montrose (0-0) Airdronians (4-0) all in 17/18, and Albion (1-2) in 16/17 are the games he’s not scored in. Absolutely no disrespect to East Fife, but I expect Dobbie to score on more than one occasion. In those 14 games he’s scored 19 goals. If our defence turns up we should win this comfortably.

But it’s Queen of the South so who the f*** knows

Yes EFtv will be in place as usual KK, hope that suffices?

As the EFTV output is as good, if not better than anything in the other Divisions I'm sure the QotS lads are in for a treat Liam, but I was more referring to and having a dig at the teuchtars having to make do with Arbroath and Edina City instead of getting to see Kid "goal every 20 minutes" Currie and that other bloke!!!

Archived