Binos v Dragon Slaying QP

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:37, rhliston said:

In a word No. Had a poor start to the season hit by injuries to important players until the Elgin game when we played as a team and the only way on from this game is UP. We have 2 home games on the trot and hopefully we should be winning them starting with Queens Park on Saturday. 

We hopefully will have a full squad to pick from on Saturday and expect us to open our account at home.  Need to ensure we don`t let the gap between ourselves and the leaders at the top of the League get any bigger. 

Prediction Binos 2 Queens 1 

H,mmm?   All those important injured players were still out at Elgin and still out as starters today.  That seems to point to the problems being deeper than who was missing.  More to do with what the available players were doing on the pitch.  More to the point, what they weren't doing?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, an86 said:

Apologies. Thought he was being singled out. Even players who have been excellent for us could have been mistaken for juniors, today.

He played for the Strollers in midweek and looked composed. I think he does ok alongside McKernon, but nobody was really at the races today. They bettered us in every area of the pitch.

No need to apologise, but appreciated. Of much more concern I notice that Cammy Foy was carried off. I do hope for his sake that it is not the same again. Good luck to him. Disappointing to hear that we were not at races but with so many injuries and changes it can't be easy. No mention of Hawke's injury in the pre match. Anybody know how bad it was?

Scrappy and mediocre, but 3 points is 3 points. Well natured and good craic from QP fans.  "Ref your a liar and a thief" very topical. They thought far side linesman had a @!?,;:/??  first half. While near side was  excellent.

Q from QP fan. Why when No3(Allen) almost broke the bar  in first half,did he not take free kick on hour mark.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Albion played us just right, crowding our defence and restricting our creativity.

Disappointing after the TNS result but I'm still buzzin' about that one.

Let's move on.

By "played us just right, crowding our defense and restricting our creativity" you mean they beat us relatively easily?

Which they did.

"Fustrating"

According to the BBC website Queen's had ONE shot on target during the entire 90 minutes. Unfortunately i missed it as i had slipped into a coma by that point.

And seeing Fotheringham walk straight into the starting 11 dismays me. No surprise that he played just as shite as he did during all 36 games last season.

I see a 4rd from bottom season on the cards this year as only Berwick, Cowden and Albion Rovers will keep us from the trapdoor.

Just watched the highlights. If Jordan Allen scores that thunderbolt then that would easily have been goal of the season.

Going by the highlights it looks as if we completely dominated the game, looked solid.

Also hearing that Docherty played really well which is nice to hear. Long may it continue.

19 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

I sincerely hope that there was some underlying reason for a pretty atrocious performance today. Did we actually have a shot on target ---did we actually have a shot !?. 

Two reasons I'd say. Maybe three.  Firstly, Stirling pressed us all over the park and pretty much all over the field. They weren't much more threat to our goal but certainly disrupted our fluency and we never got the passing game going. So credit to them. The second key factor was Jamie McKernon. Possibly his worst game for the QP, ever, and it demonstrated how ordinary we are when he's not pulling the strings. Some of his 'passes' yesterday were more like a fly-half's kick to touch. This part, thankfully, will certainly be a blip but the concern is what happens if Jamie is out of the team for any length of time.

Sadly, the combination of the above led to us, apart from a  five minute spell in the second, resorting to long, high balls from the backline and wing backs leading to about 95% loss of possession.  Mortimer's got pace; Osalodor and Mortimer good first touch; Peters strong and able to bring the ball to his feet and turn. So whey were they all subject to high balls all afternoon? Foy's a very decent substitute for Gerry defensively but the elder also plays passes to midfielders regularly that the younger, and Gibby, only occasionaly think about. Hope he's back soon.

Roberts and Grant both up to their ususal standard.  Forward's tried hard but were poorly serviced.The rest need a think about why it's called FOOTball. Fotheringham was the only hot-shot of the day, though barely enough to keep the goalie awake.  It was a measure of the game, both teams, that the half-time games brought more animation from the crowd than the main feature. Best wishes to Cammy for speedy recovery.

Just watched the highlights. If Jordan Allen scores that thunderbolt then that would easily have been goal of the season.

Going by the highlights it looks as if we completely dominated the game, looked solid.

Also hearing that Docherty played really well which is nice to hear. Long may it continue.
Who was number 5 for you lot.

Archived