Binos v Dragon Slaying QP

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Getting on with the important stuff....are you as pish as the table suggests, Bino fans?

In a word No. Had a poor start to the season hit by injuries to important players until the Elgin game when we played as a team and the only way on from this game is UP. We have 2 home games on the trot and hopefully we should be winning them starting with Queens Park on Saturday. 

We hopefully will have a full squad to pick from on Saturday and expect us to open our account at home.  Need to ensure we don`t let the gap between ourselves and the leaders at the top of the League get any bigger. 

Prediction Binos 2 Queens 1 

Hopefully that Elgin game has put confidence back into the squad and we get the win. In all honesty this is a very winnable game and if we’re to challenge at the top we need to start picking up points.

Won’t be there as I will be in New York, but predicting a 2-1 win. Kevin Fell to score.

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Hopefully that Elgin game has put confidence back into the squad and we get the win. In all honesty this is a very winnable game and if we’re to challenge at the top we need to start picking up points.

Won’t be there as I will be in New York, but predicting a 2-1 win. Kevin Fell to score.

There's a loyal QP fan over there as well just now. Coincidence or what?

History is splattered with footballing events where a team does wonders closely followed by collapse. Not sure how this gossip about Gus will affect the players but they've got to keep the eyes on the prize. With the runaway league leaders (just to make the Edinburgh lads chuckle) next and a long away day to the Paterson's Quarry Arena we could very easily slide the wrong way again. But the shape and tempo is coming along nicely and after those two screamers on Saturday goals can come from anywhere.

3-1 to The QP.

Getting on with the important stuff....are you as pish as the table suggests, Bino fans?

I disagree with the other two posters, we have been as pish as the table would suggest, so far.

I didn’t go up to Elgin, but have been at most of the other games and with the exception of a good first half against Berwick, we have been pretty dire and things just haven’t clicked.

As has been said, we have been without important players, Smith, Moon and Barr being the notable 3, and we have had to rely on kids who probably aren’t ready, to fill the bench but going by the local paper, hopefully things have all cleared up now (with the exception of Smith).

The Elgin result gives everyone confidence, and going by the highlights it looked like a good performance, but time will tell. Are we a poor team.....no, I don’t think we are, are we playing poorly, absolutely, the table doesn’t lie on this occasion.

Good win for us today, our 1st at home this season. Felt we should have won by more by far the better team in the first half and unfortunate not to go in 2-0 up after a tremendous shot from Jordan Allan came off the bar.

2nd half felt we allowed Queens into the game but we managed to keep a clean sheet. Another 3 points to move us up to 7th in the League. 

Hope the Queens player stretchered off late in the 2nd half`s injury is nothing serious and wish him a swift recovery. 

Good win for us today, our 1st at home this season. Felt we should have won by more by far the better team in the first half and unfortunate not to go in 2-0 up after a tremendous shot from Jordan Allan came off the bar.
2nd half felt we allowed Queens into the game but we managed to keep a clean sheet. Another 3 points to move us up to 7th in the League. 
Hope the Queens player stretchered off late in the 2nd half`s injury is nothing serious and wish him a swift recovery. 
That about sums it up. Thought Albion looked decent and we struggled to show any threat again. I still think we have a decent squad, and liked the look of Euan East. Rotten luck for Cameron Foy after looking very effective following his long fight back.

6 minutes ago, an86 said:

Picking one player out of a collectively atrocious performance? Really? 

Not my intention, really. For whatever reason I have not seen him get a mention this season and thought he had disappeared without trace. My post was of surprise, not criticism although I admit he was not one of my favourites. I am on holiday and could not attend the game. I have no idea how they played but was disappointed at the result.

Just now, williebraveheart said:

Not my intention, really. For whatever reason I have not seen him get a mention this season and thought he had disappeared without trace. My post was of surprise, not criticism although I admit he was not one of my favourites. I am on holiday and could not attend the game. I have no idea how they played but was disappointed at the result.

Apologies. Thought he was being singled out. Even players who have been excellent for us could have been mistaken for juniors, today.

He played for the Strollers in midweek and looked composed. I think he does ok alongside McKernon, but nobody was really at the races today. They bettered us in every area of the pitch.

I expected QP to be tough to break down and they were.  Like us, they seemed to lack any real punch up front.  They gave us a far tougher second half and I'm guessing that Gus tore into them for giving us too much time on the ball in midfield in the first half?  I think many of us weren't at all sure which Stirling Albion would turn up. The one that couldn't even do the basics, or the one that finally did and won at Elgin. Thankfully it wasn't the first one and we ground out a win.

I hope the QP player who was injured hasn't suffered something horribly serious.  Seeing a player stretchered off is always a sad sight, opposition or not. 

Archived