Scotland squad for Next month

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MickeyPaul said:

Also someone said "Apart from the goal he was absolute shite" which... is something he needs to work on. Bah! I can see he has ability but... he needs good coaching... just saying...

I just read on Twitter he was Villas best player. Their fans love him.

Imagine how good he could be? Under a brilliant coach. I think Scotland does produce talented players still... but... they become lost. They're stuck at Cowdenbeath or fucking East Fife.. no offence. Then go to Dundee Utd and it's all still so fucking amateur. Scottish football is annoyingly shite. Sorry.

There are a lot of dreadful posts in this part of the forum, but that one has sailed comfortably into the top 3.

A) There is absolutely no way talented players would get "stuck" at Cowdenbeath or East Fife. They could certainly end up at those clubs, but they would be picked up within a year or two.
B) Of the 14 players who took to the field against Albania in our last match, 4 of them spent a substantial part of their career at Dundee United, and all 4 moved on to bigger clubs.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:58, King Kebab said:

IMG_4203.jpg
Looks like something out of From Dusk Till Dawn or Desperado or Airdrie, might have difficulty getting QK in there but I'll give it a go - cheers!!!emoji1303.png

Watched the Slovenia game where Chris Martin scored a late winner in there. Decent enough and welcoming, they got the game on a stream online for us.

Watched the Slovenia game where Chris Martin scored a late winner in there. Decent enough and welcoming, they got the game on a stream online for us.

Slovakia? (Im struggling to remember the Slovenia home game)

Edit: ah no you're right. Totally forgot about that winner. Strachan was on the brink of being sacked if that goal hadn't happened

On 22/09/2018 at 20:35, gtbahfm said:

Just came on to share this too :-) Only slight concern is that the fans hate Bruce and want him out, so that may have to resolve itself before things settle down at Villa. Hopefully they get promoted with McGinn but they are off the pace at the moment.

Perhaps Brendan Rodgers will get to coach McGinn this season...

Did Ricardo treat you nice???

14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I hear he treated him reeeeeeal nice!

Anyway, when's the squad announced? Next week I'd expect?

I'd guess at Monday, only two weeks before the first game today.  If this was CM 99/00 my picks would be in, and I'd be spending the next few minutes hoping Willie Howie and Martin Lauchlan avoided injury.

wot
It was me, my mate and a couple of older Scottish boys in it. Good deals on Miller Lite pitchers. My pal got a row off the bar staff for using the F word.

Aye, that would have been Ricardo!!!

Wonder if Middleton might be in with a chance for this one. He looks super confident and is clearly going to be a very good player. Reminds me of Burker King at the same age. Don't think it'll happen this time round but it'd be a nice surprise if it did.

Due to our absolute dearth of striking options, I wouldn't be averse to calling up Jack Harper. He's not set the heather alight in his career so far but looks to be on top form so far this season and there must be some potential in there. Worst case scenario is he sits on the bench and gains some experience from spending time with the squad. 

Due to our absolute dearth of striking options, I wouldn't be averse to calling up Jack Harper. He's not set the heather alight in his career so far but looks to be on top form so far this season and there must be some potential in there. Worst case scenario is he sits on the bench and gains some experience from spending time with the squad. 

^^^ This!!!

Archived