Scotland squad for Next month

Has anybody had any experience of watching Scotland games in pubs in the US, specifically International Drive in Orlando???

I'm going to be there during the next two games and obviously wouldn't want to miss them, reckon they would be around about midday kick offs so I could probably coerce Queen Kebab into watching them if I tell her I'm treating her to lunch!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Has anybody had any experience of watching Scotland games in pubs in the US, specifically International Drive in Orlando???

I'm going to be there during the next two games and obviously wouldn't want to miss them, reckon they would be around about midday kick offs so I could probably coerce Queen Kebab into watching them if I tell her I'm treating her to lunch!!!

I think there's an Irish pub called Murphy's that I've watched games in before. You should get something sorted anyway.

On 9/19/2018 at 08:44, ShaggysBeard said:

Liam Cooper has been in fine form for a team doing really well at the minute and we're still persisting with Charlie Mulgrew. Other than that I see no need to change things, didn't miss McArthur or Morrison or any of the more established.

The rumour is that Liam Cooper isn't interested.

Armstrong isn't good enough for the EPL. He was pish up here last season!

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:51, craigkillie said:

I always felt that Armstrong lacked the physical presence to play in that league, but writing him off now because he hasn't played a lot in the first five games of the season seems a bit much.

He's a smashing player and will be back.  Takes a lot of players a while to get fully used to the EPL.

Seems that Southgate is trying to get Cairney to switch allegiance.

Hmmm, worrying!!!
He's played twice, first was against Canada and the second was Costa Rica I think, both friendlies, he should have been nailed on before now just to make sure, in the way BEM made sure with McTominay in the Albania game, bring them on for the last 5-10 minutes in a qualifier and then it's "too bad son - your ours now" and then twiddle your moustache in a Dick Dastardy-like fashion!!!

I think there's an Irish pub called Murphy's that I've watched games in before. You should get something sorted anyway.

IMG_4203.jpg
Looks like something out of From Dusk Till Dawn or Desperado or Airdrie, might have difficulty getting QK in there but I'll give it a go - cheers!!![emoji1303]

15 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

IMG_4203.jpg
Looks like something out of From Dusk Till Dawn or Desperado or Airdrie, might have difficulty getting QK in there but I'll give it a go - cheers!!!emoji1303.png

Oops not that!

It's a different place called 'Murphy's Pub and Lounge'.

EDIT: Now seen that they seem to be the same place. Can't really remember the outside being like that but it was definitely quite normal inside!

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Seems that Southgate is trying to get Cairney to switch allegiance.

He's not even a first pick in the Scotland midfield.  There's absolutely no chance Southgate is remotely interested.  Absolutely dreadful article in the Sun, with nothing to back it up.  

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He's not even a first pick in the Scotland midfield.  There's absolutely no chance Southgate is remotely interested.  Absolutely dreadful article in the Sun, with nothing to back it up.  

I read that rumour on another forum.  I wouldn't say it's completely impossible, as Southgate does seem to be taking an approach of putting the feelers out absolutely everywhere to try and get eligible players, but at the same time it is really hard to believe that a player who probably isn't quite good enough to hold down a starting point for us would be worth a shot in the England team.  

If it is true, and he fancies it, then he's welcome to go.  If you want to play for us and you're eligible, then it doesn't matter where you're from.  But I doubt he's that arsed.  England coming in for him will be the test of that.

I remember reading an interview with Southgate at the start of the year saying Ritchie would have been in his World Cup squad if he had remained eligible!!!

Don't know if he meant for the qualifiers or for the WC itself but food for thought. England are obviously starting to feel the inconveniences of the rent-a-foreign star attitude of the EPL!!!

Eta - don't ask me for proof of this article, I honestly can't remember where I read it - honest!!!

Been nice knowing you, KK

Their FB page is very informative, here's the staff during a recent Team Bonding course on "Customer Satisfaction"

IMG_4204.jpg.854275ba727944008b66b8570b94f51c.jpg

Apparently Ricardo (2nd left in the hat), received Employee of the Month and a special award for the highest score ever on the course, this place may be a hidden gem!!!

Guest DAVIDB69
Matt Phillips playing tonight yet injured for the last squad 

Think it’s time to move on from Matt Phillips and accept it’s never happening

Guest DAVIDB69

Your correct, I could have said McBurnie or Phillips but it's the fact that Fraser played in one of the games and then pulled out and then played for his Club that makes his case more infuriating, at least the other two had the excuse of saying they had received nearly a fortnight a worth of treatment to get match ready!!!

He had a great game for Bournemouth so it was a miracle recovery to play so well

John McGinn's goal for Villa today is one of the best volleys I've ever seen. If I recall he's been MOTM for them in quite a few matches already too. If he can maybe try growing some "Pop Star!" style hair... we could have a player here. There are already a couple of very rough youtube clips of the goal... it's... bloody tremendous! Probably an attempted cross...

Just came on to share this too :-) Only slight concern is that the fans hate Bruce and want him out, so that may have to resolve itself before things settle down at Villa. Hopefully they get promoted with McGinn but they are off the pace at the moment.

Archived