Dream Team v Elgin

3 hours ago, A Believer said:

I was at the game and, TBH, I don't think it was shite, and Robbie's summary was, as ever, honest and accurate. We had our share of chances, but basic errors killed us, that hard work and a bit of belief will help.

What can't be solved, I'm afraid, is the hard challenge that facing strong and experience players gives us. Going 3 at the back 2nd half helped a lot on midfield, but the 2 clearly experienced midfielders Elgin had ran the show; and Beattie was impressively solid in his play and decision making.

Long term, it's still about grass roots; short term, I'm optimistic we can maybe get some strong loanee's. I don't see us getting talented experienced players at this stage.

Next week, if we can not gift anything, early doors (or at all) I think our squad are more than able to get something; and I include our back 4 in that. All good players, who need to gel as a unit with Brennan.

Managed to delete my earlier reply.

Can't be arsed to write it again, but suffice to say I think what helped our 2nd half display was Elgin easing off because they were 3 up at half time.

Surely there are only so many defensive cock-ups we can watch before concluding that some Individuals aren't good enough? 

Loanees and new signings can't come soon enough. 

Archived