Booing of Rangers Players - Does it Happen?

AyrTroopMajor

Continue to see Rangers fans on Twitter claiming that their players were booed when playing for Scotland, but once again didn't hear anything of the kind last night. Allan McGregor was widely applauded, both in general and obviously for his crucial save.

Does this actually happen? I know Ryan Jack was booed at Pittodrie against The Netherlands, and obviously Ian Black at Easter Road, but these were just morons that can't separate club football from international football. I saw a tweet that had been shared over 10,000 times after the Malta game last year claiming that the Scotland fans had sung 'If you hate Rangers stand up', but I know for a fact having been there that it was England, not Rangers, that people had been singing about. 

Whether these claims are true or entirely made up, they are seriously divisive and damaging. If you are a reprobate that booes a Scotland player simply because he represent Rangers at club level, then kindly f*** off. If you are a reprobate that tweets and shares lies about Rangers players being booed at Hampden, then kindly f*** off as well. 

When it comes to international football, club football and all the rivalry that goes with it should be left at the door. Simple as that.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Jack was also boo’d by a small section on Friday night.....why.....who knows, but I bet it wasn’t because he played for Rangers.

Last night, there was certainly no booing of any player in the section I sit in. I suspect these rumours are peddled by Rangers fans with their own agenda, rather than fans in general.

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Continue to see Rangers fans on Twitter claiming that their players were booed when playing for Scotland, but once again didn't hear anything of the kind last night. Allan McGregor was widely applauded, both in general and obviously for his crucial save.

Does this actually happen? I know Ryan Jack was booed at Pittodrie against The Netherlands, and obviously Ian Black at Easter Road, but these were just morons that can't separate club football from international football. I saw a tweet that had been shared over 10,000 times after the Malta game last year claiming that the Scotland fans had sung 'If you hate Rangers stand up', but I know for a fact having been there that it was England, not Rangers, that people had been singing about

Whether these claims are true or entirely made up, they are seriously divisive and damaging. If you are a reprobate that booes a Scotland player simply because he represent Rangers at club level, then kindly f*** off. If you are a reprobate that tweets and shares lies about Rangers players being booed at Hampden, then kindly f*** off as well. 

When it comes to international football, club football and all the rivalry that goes with it should be left at the door. Simple as that.

That’s the same thing to the peepul is it not? 

McGregor did take some abuse in the past, however that had nothing to do with Rangers and was due to his child like "vickies" behaviour, along with Baza, that quite understandably incensed their own Scotland fans and did initially result in a lifetime ban.

As usual the Rangers fans have this mentality that "they are the peeple" and everyone else is "scum" and that includes their own national team as many of them seem far happier supporting England and singing about screwing over the Scots, hailing Queens and of course Dutch Prince's.

Oh well, no great loss.................

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

McGregor did take some abuse in the past, however that had nothing to do with Rangers and was due to his child like "vickies" behaviour, along with Baza, that quite understandably incensed their own Scotland fans and did initially result in a lifetime ban.

As ususal the Rangers fans have this mentality that "they are the peeple" and everyone else is "scum" and that includes their own national team as many of them seem far happier supporting England and singing about screwing over the Scots, hailing Queens and of course Dutch Prince's.

Oh well, no great loss.................

Out of any club Rangers have had the most amount of players capped by Scotland. Also, I believe until fairly recently Rangers fans were the highest number represented club fans in the Tartan Army. So the broad stereotype you just made there is quite untrue

2 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Out of any club Rangers have had the most amount of players capped by Scotland. Also, I believe until fairly recently Rangers fans were the highest number represented club fans in the Tartan Army. So the broad stereotype you just made there is quite untrue

I don't know any Scotland fans who'd happily belt out God Save the Queen, yet its regularly sung at Ibrox. 

You clearly have a swathe of fans who despise the Scottish National team purely because they're desperate to live up to this Unionist shite that's been attached to your club for decades. 

8 minutes ago, edinabear said:

As far as the older generation and more "normal" Rangers fans are concerned then Yes, I'd agree with you, however all the "young team" that I've come across in the past 7 or 8 years appear to have this rather warped and  bizarre hatred of Scotland much the same as some of their city cousins who appear to favour Ireland over Scotland even though the closest they've come to being Irish is drinking a pint of Guinness.

I'm sorry but I just don't get it.............

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't know any Scotland fans who'd happily belt out God Save the Queen, yet its regularly sung at Ibrox. 

You clearly have a swathe of fans who despise the Scottish National team purely because they're desperate to live up to this Unionist shite that's been attached to your club for decades. 

You can be both Scottish and British. I, and thousands of others, have been attending both Rangers and Scotland games for many years and have sang GSTQ and Flower of Scotland regularly. They are not necessarily opposing concepts.

Also worth noting that GSTQ was sung at Scottish National football games in 60s & 70s

2 hours ago, edinabear said:

You can be both Scottish and British. I, and thousands of others, have been attending both Rangers and Scotland games for many years and have sang GSTQ and Flower of Scotland regularly. They are not necessarily opposing concepts.

Also worth noting that GSTQ was sung at Scottish National football games in 60s & 70s

Am I being whooshed here?

If not you must sing the words without any understanding of what they mean.

4 hours ago, edinabear said:

Old Rangers you mean? The dead club? The one that died in 2012?

Surely since the old club died (in 2012) Celtic will have overtaken them? Unless the old club (that died in 2012) are adding the players capped by the new, and different club, to their tally?

If that's the case then Dunfermline actually have the most number of players capped by Scotland. We've just added the Scottish players of Leeds, Man United, Liverpool, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Nottingham Forrest, Hearts and Hibs to our total.

Archived