Snowflake Big Brother  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

South Yorkshire Police are the latest to go Full Snowflake.

https://twitter.com/syptweet/status/1038891067381350401

The 'compassionate' Totalitarian 'Progressive', Feminist Long March through the institutions across the West continues its infestation apace!

Have any of our more easier triggered P&Bers (you know who you are) reported their fee-fees being hurt to the fuzz? Perhaps had an Armed Response Unit choppered in on you for engaging in a 'hate' crime such as telling an 'offensive' joke, wolf-whistling or sharing song lyrics? Share in this safe space thread!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, banana said:

The 'compassionate' Totalitarian 'Progressive', Feminist Long March through the institutions across the West continues its infestation apace!

How come all you nutjobs have the same barely-penetrable writing style as those Korean spambots that occasionally visit P&B? 

Wolf-whistling is pretty low behaviour too. 

I just made an absolutely superb cup of tea.

You know that way you just sometimes get it absolutely spot-on, and while drinking it you're thinking "man, this is a GREAT cup of tea".

Was so good I made a second one, but while the second was perfectly acceptable it didn't quite hit the heights. It's some form of alchemy, I think.

I am a bit of a lefty. My other half is non white, non British. My job involves dishing out state funded assistance to people most of whom weren't born here and I do it happily (well I'm miserable but for other reasons). I think banana is a crackpot.

However, this idea - that a crime can be a hate crime solely based on the perception of the victim or a third party - is an upending of centuries of legal doctrine and is totally unjust.

Apologies to the other posters if this serves to encourage banalna to post even more.

My understanding (and its really not an area I know a great deal about) but this is mostly covered by "breach of the peace" which is legislation based on legislation going back to 1361,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justices_of_the_Peace_Act_1361#Breach_of_the_Peace

That this crime has been updated to include racially motivated breach of the peace now being applied online. 

That is you have been able to get nicked for acting in a threatening or offensive manner for centuries but now that behaviour can have aggravating circumstances. Individual uses of this law will likely be controversial and many will take exception too but I am not sure that is really the angle the OP is aiming for. 

I kind of get where @banana is coming from in his tirades against various "equity seekers", feminists & SJWs etc. 

As someone that doesn't hold prejudice against anyones sex, race or religious beliefs even my eyes kind of glaze over when I hear about "positive" discrimination schemes to get more *insert underrepresented minority* into wherever positions are underrepresented.....I do wonder if the statistics are squed towards final figures without looking at various other factors. I also wonder if such schemes just play into the hands of those that hold such prejudice but then again, I'm not in the demographic of those these people want to change.....but that doesn't lead me to believe that such prejudices don't exist and that we shouldn't preserve in changing such mindsets.

Fortunately i live in a region where the police will tolerate hate, for now anyway. 

This is good news for my kids and my wife, all of whom are guilty of hate (sweetcorn, swimming lessons and me respectively).

very little idea what the fruit is ranting about, but that thing from the police is a disgrace. report insulting comments to the police? holy f**k! here's one: South Yorkshire's a hovel. here's another: the police are stupid c***s.

11 minutes ago, sjc said:

I kind of get where @banana is coming from in his tirades against various "equity seekers",

Its a tweet by a police force encouraging to people report crimes currently on the statute book. Its a variation of a crime that has existed for hundreds of years that has been applied to the online world for more than 20 years. 

If people think that racially aggravated offences should be struck of the statute books then step forward with something a bit more that teary eyed bleating about "SJWs". 

9 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Its a tweet by a police force encouraging to people report crimes currently on the statute book. Its a variation of a crime that has existed for hundreds of years that has been applied to the online world for more than 20 years. 

If people think that racially aggravated offences should be struck of the statute books then step forward with something a bit more that teary eyed bleating about "SJWs". 

My post wasn't in direct response to the tweet you mentioned and in fairness I have veared off this topic into banana's usual musings.

You point does however tie in with the final sentence of my post though....."but that doesn't lead me to believe that such prejudices don't exist and that we shouldn't preserve in changing such mindsets." Which means I think we're agreed on this.

Archived