Blue Brazil versus Blue Toon

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

This will seem like a wee Sunday run compared to the usual 1/2 thousand [emoji3]

Guess the bookies will have Donald being Rogered [emoji6] but such is the unpredictability of Peterhead that they could get Cowdenbeat’ or rack up a nap hand. Think I’ll sit on the fence for this one[emoji6] boomboom.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Not much interest in this. It will be a good marker as to how much improvement we have made on last season. Hope we will see our new loan signing in action.

A lot depends on Rory. He could score a hat trick or get sent off or both! Peterhead gave a spanking at home last season.

Guest TOPFITTER

Be interesting to see how Peterhead fare if as expected players are played in their best positions! However as the Blue Toon are away from home their chances should be decent but of course they could just as easily disappoint [emoji848]

A strange afternoon at Central Park the home side went ahead with typical slack defending from us, we got level with a bit of a scramble after a corner. Cowden went back ahead from a decent cross & header, we levelled again through Derek Lyle thought the next was an OG but the BBC has it down as Rory he looked to have back heeled it against a defender before it ended up in the net. Will have to hope the cameraman caught the 4th from Willie Gibson as the Cowden keeper certainly was not expecting it as his free kick must have been hit from around 60 yards from goal before finding the net. Once again the officials were a disgrace how the boy Sheeran got away with some of the stuff he was up to I don't know, I actually thought the game was going to end in full on battle as players on both sides got more & more frustrated with the ref & tempers were getting frayed in both teams. Anyway 3 points & move on.

Guest TOPFITTER

Think Wullie Gibson was the only person in the ground or on the pitch who knew he was going to beat McGurn from 60 yards at a dead ball situation. Audacity and skill married to perfection[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] Every travelling Blue Toon fan will remember that goal, a contender for Goal Of The Season, but I’m biased [emoji3] Expect a nobleman’s view on it soon [emoji6]

5 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Think Wullie Gibson was the only person in the ground or on the pitch who knew he was going to beat McGurn from 60 yards at a dead ball situation. Audacity and skill married to perfectionemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png Every travelling Blue Toon fan will remember that goal, a contender for Goal Of The Season, but I’m biased emoji3.png Expect a nobleman’s view on it soon emoji6.png

Only ever seen a goal that once before, Cowden v Queens Park. The Queens lad scored from his own half. That was a cracker too.

(well I think it was QP)

Guest TOPFITTER

Thought Cowden deserved their 1st half lead, their miss-the-midfield and get it to the strikers quick approach made a mockery of the Blue Toon's 3-5-2 set-up and too often Peterhead gave away cheap possession. Beath's goals came from Peterhead  getting beat down the right if I remember correctly. The In-Your-Faces rough them up Cowden tactics were enhanced by the normal standard of SPFL officiating ( Messers, Grant Irvine, Ross Haswell and Ross Anderson will get a player seriously injured) and it looked for a while like Brawn would beat Skill.

The Ref rang the bell for the second round and barely had the pugilists reached the centre of the ring than Del drew PFC level. Ten minutes of sparring later Rory gets a back heel on target and Jim's boys were on top on points/goals. Ten minutes later again then the knock-out blow, from 10 yards inside his own half the nomadic much detested Petulant-Bad-Boy Wullie Gibson conjured a goal that will leave David McGurn to bemoan his( David Huttonesque 2010-2011 Scottish League Challenge Cup Final) decision making that allowed Wullie's perfectly driven on target 60 yard strike to (in what seemed like slow motion) nestle in the back of Cowden's net. Cowden however didn't throw in the towel and like a punch drunk prize fighter just kept striking out when the contest was effectively over, the Ref was never going to dish out any reds however bad the challenges.

Remember the name ; Grant Irvine (Referee suposedly) coming to a ground near you soon to be the focus of your afternoon rather than the football, have an ambulance ready, Sooner or Later !!!

24 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Thought Cowden deserved their 1st half lead, their miss-the-midfield and get it to the strikers quick approach made a mockery of the Blue Toon's 3-5-2 set-up and too often Peterhead gave away cheap possession. Beath's goals came from getting beat down the right if I remember correctly. The In-Your-Faces rough them up Cowden tactics were enhanced by the normal standard of SPFL officiating ( Messers, Grant Irvine, Ross Haswell and Ross Anderson will get a player seriously injured) and it looked for a while like Brawn would beat Skill.

The Ref rang the bell for the second round and barely had the pugilists reached the centre of the ring than Del drew PFC level. Ten minutes of sparring later Rory gets a back heel on target and Jim's boys were on top on points/goals. Ten minutes later again then the knock-out blow, from 10 yards inside his own half the nomadic much detested Petulant-Bad-Boy Wullie Gibson conjured a goal that will leave David McGurn to bemoan his( David Huttonesque 2010-2011 Scottish League Challenge Cup Final) decision making that allowed Wullie's perfectly driven on target 60 yard strike to (in what seemed like slow motion) nestle in the back of Cowden's net. Cowden however didn't throw in the towel and like a punch drunk prize fighter just kept striking out when the contest was effectively over, the Ref was never going to dish out any reds however bad the challenges.

Remember the name ; Grant Irvine (Referee suposedly) coming to a ground near you soon to be the focus of your afternoon rather than the football, have an ambulance ready, Sooner or Later !!!

Coming from a fan of a team containing Rory and the fruitcake No 11, is quite amusing.

Guest TOPFITTER
7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Coming from a fan of a team containing Rory and the fruitcake No 11, is quite amusing.

The wrath of the LORD C will strike you, but touche :)

Peterheid fans bemoaning Sheerin? Deary me. They have the biggest con artist of all in McAllister in their side. Bunch of absolute cloggers who can actually play a bit of football too.

We only have ourselves to blame for losing though. The better team certainly won, aided by a bit of luck and opportunism and terrible goalkeeping.

10 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Peterheid fans bemoaning Sheerin? Deary me. They have the biggest con artist of all in McAllister in their side. Bunch of absolute cloggers who can actually play a bit of football too.

We only have ourselves to blame for losing though. The better team certainly won, aided by a bit of luck and opportunism and terrible goalkeeping.

Don’t think the goalkeeping was terrible. McGurn had some good saves (again) and credit where credit is due, the long range goal from Peterhead was outstanding and not too many keepers in our league would have saved it. 

Our problem lay in front of him.

Don’t think the goalkeeping was terrible. McGurn had some good saves (again) and credit where credit is due, the long range goal from Peterhead was outstanding and not too many keepers in our league would have saved it. 
Aye he did, but I've always thought he stands way too far off his line. It really was terrible goalkeeping. He's prone to some shockers but still worth his weight in gold to us due to the outstanding stuff he does.

He wasn’t switched on to the quick free kick, if he was on his line he could have saved it with his eyes shut the free kick was nothing spectacular all he had to do was put it on target and it was going in. Poor positioning Poor goalkeeping

14 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Only ever seen a goal that once before, Cowden v Queens Park. The Queens lad scored from his own half. That was a cracker too.

(well I think it was QP)

It was Stuart Kettlewell, he got sent off later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7301376.stm

Archived