Blue Brazil versus Blue Toon

Guest TOPFITTER

He wasn’t switched on to the quick free kick, if he was on his line he could have saved it with his eyes shut the free kick was nothing spectacular all he had to do was put it on target and it was going in. Poor positioning Poor goalkeeping

Why would a goalkeeper be on his line for a free kick in the opposition half 60 yards away near the touchline? Positioning wasn't a major issue - rather he was setting himself for a ball played in to the area in front of him and was then taken by surprise by the quick free kick and then slipped when trying to move backwards. If he hadn't slipped I think he would have saved it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Why would a goalkeeper be on his line for a free kick in the opposition half 60 yards away near the touchline? Positioning wasn't a major issue - rather he was setting himself for a ball played in to the area in front of him and was then taken by surprise by the quick free kick and then slipped when trying to move backwards. If he hadn't slipped I think he would have saved it

A more realistic summing up of Willies free kick, he has to be given credit for being aware the keeper was expecting a cross, from that distance how many players would even hit the target & still have enough on it to get past the keeper as you say if the keeper had been standing on his line it should have been a easy save.

1 hour ago, cowden boy said:

He wasn’t switched on to the quick free kick, if he was on his line he could have saved it with his eyes shut the free kick was nothing spectacular all he had to do was put it on target and it was going in. Poor positioning Poor goalkeeping

Why would he be on his line if the ball was 60yds away?

Guest TOPFITTER
1 hour ago, peternapper said:

A more realistic summing up of Willies free kick, he has to be given credit for being aware the keeper was expecting a cross, from that distance how many players would even hit the target & still have enough on it to get past the keeper as you say if the keeper had been standing on his line it should have been a easy save.

I'm sure the debate will be settled by the Cowdenbeath FC video. It's not the first time Wullie has noticed a keeper making a move and capitalised, but 60 Yards how churlish to not applaud the effort :thumbsdown

23 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

I'm sure the debate will be settled by the Cowdenbeath FC video. It's not the first time Wullie has noticed a keeper making a move and capitalised, but 60 Yards how churlish to not applaud the effort :thumbsdown

It would be interesting to see what percentage of players would even hit the target from that distance even without having good power on it as well

Guest TOPFITTER

I have it on good authority that ignominy will always follow David McGurn as that is the Longest Ever Direct Free Kick, Wullie Gibson has ever scored beating the one against (Neil Parry) I think for Stranraer V Alloa. Take a bow David McGurn !!!

200w.gif

20 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

It was a great effort and very few players in our league would think or have the ability to do it.

however, Gibson is another big time charlue who  could be in a higher league but easier to take the substantial money he gets and coast in league 2. His off the ball antics in every game just make me wish to see his career ended by a leg break. 

30 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

It was a great effort and very few players in our league would think or have the ability to do it.

however, Gibson is another big time charlue who  could be in a higher league but easier to take the substantial money he gets and coast in league 2. His off the ball antics in every game just make me wish to see his career ended by a leg break. 

Should have stopped while you were ahead appreciating seeing a bit of class at Central Park

As for the final part of the post disgusting that someone could wish a career ending injury on anyone,  this should be condemned by any decent supporter.

Mcgurn at fault no doubt. His starting position was wrong. He wasnt switched on and then slipped. His fault. marsh for me needs dropped. Cost us 2 goals saturday and get pyper and deas in there.

Encouraged by the display the lads worked very hard and had some good quality about them at times. Stupid goals killing us. Bad decision making all over pitch a problem too.

Peterhead were good not great. They looked better last season but then again they were playing us when we were powder puff.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Shocking comment - are there any moderators on this site to ban this person!!!!

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Mcgurn at fault no doubt. His starting position was wrong. He wasnt switched on and then slipped. His fault. marsh for me needs dropped. Cost us 2 goals saturday and get pyper and deas in there.

Encouraged by the display the lads worked very hard and had some good quality about them at times. Stupid goals killing us. Bad decision making all over pitch a problem too.

Peterhead were good not great. They looked better last season but then again they were playing us when we were powder puff.

Don’t blame McGurn at all. How often does someone have a shot from their own half without a following gale force wind?

If he stayed on his line and the ball had been punted over our defenders heads for the Peterhead forwards to run on to and they’d scored, that would have been his fault. 

I thought Pyper was poor on Saturday and is always likely to give away a penalty.

Bit OTT from Lex wanting a career ender on Gibson.  Very talented player but is an absolute arsehole on the pitch but I'd be happy with him being sent off and suspended for a while as opposed to on crutches....

Not a surprising result at the weekend - this isn't the sort of match that we'll be judged upon.  This coming Saturday on the other hand....

24 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t blame McGurn at all. How often does someone have a shot from their own half without a following gale force wind?

If he stayed on his line and the ball had been punted over our defenders heads for the Peterhead forwards to run on to and they’d scored, that would have been his fault. 

I thought Pyper was poor on Saturday and is always likely to give away a penalty.

Trust me its mcgurns fault. i didnt say stay on his line. Thats stupid his positioning was all wrong he left side of penalty spot area.. not hard to spot from Gibson. He was running back from left side to centre then fell. How can it NOT be his fault.. Good vision from gibson but a gk error. It happens and I guarantee he wont make same mistake. He is too busy organising a poor centre half pairing.

Agree that it was McGurn's fault. I still  would not swap him for any other keeper in the division, or the one above for that matter We played well in the first half, but when Peterhead upped their game we couldn't match them. Having said that, as well as the fourth goal, the third was really unlucky taking a big deflection. Gibson and Stevenson were given far too much time and space, our midfield just  doesn't seem to gel. I thought Skelly did ok when he came on.

What a c**t

12 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Do Cowdenbeath do a highlights package? Brazilianlex’s post an affront to all decent supporters, MODS take note!

We haven't had highlights for a while but there was somebody at the last home game against Berwick who did some highlights.  No idea if he was at this weekends match.

Archived