If you were start from scratch tomorrow...

On 1/21/2019 at 18:43, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Also. Can we have full on american names for these franchise teams ?
The Lanarkshire stealers ?

Angus Bulls

Fife Ex-miners

Edinburgh Reekies

Tayside Boring Bit Across The Middle of the Country No-one Gives A f**k About

• 1 month later...

Would certainly scrap the 4 divisions and turn it into two super leagues or 3 larger leagues. Playing the same teams a minimum of 4 times a season is a bit meh. 
I've only ever watched Ayr at championship and league 1 level .  However, I honestly don't think there is too much of a jump for alot of league 2 teams into league 1. The bigger jump is league 1 to Championship given below that level teams are traditionally part time. 

The 2 Super leagues is maybe a little bit of a stretch, but means Ayr would have a decent chance of reaching the top flight.  

• 2 weeks later...

Think, realistically, we're looking at evolution rather than revolution.  

Get "The Blazers" tae f**k.  They're the one constant over the last twenty years of abject failure (obv with the amazing Kirrin Cup being the stand out highpoint FFS).  Get rid of every single one of them.  Beat it.  Get tae.  Skoot. 

They are a shower of incompetent useless c***s.

Bring back McLeish after he walked out on his national team was a masterstroke of fuckwittery.  If you wanted to intentionally grind down scottish football in to the gutter then they've established a fairly accurate roadmap of how to achieve this.  

Take off, nuke them from orbit, start afresh.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 16:59, effeffsee_the2nd said:

If all 4 angus clubs got behind angus utd then they could sustain full time football.

Angus has 116,000 people and the most popular clubs there seem to be Sevco and Dundee United.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My attempt:

Note - this includes all current senior, junior, amateur, welfare teams in existence in Scotland (around 1,060).

proposed-pyramid.png

Edited by mcruic
small correction to image

• 7 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:14, mcruic said:

My attempt:

Note - this includes all current senior, junior, amateur, welfare teams in existence in Scotland (around 1,060).

proposed-pyramid.png

I would happily spend hours making that on Football Manager Editor if I could bothered adding all the teams in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2018 at 14:53, Ross. said:

I don't see how such a set up could work in Europe. The US is about the only place in the world who do things this way and that is because the drafts system and franchise set up are pretty much ingrained in their version of every sport going.

Personally I would rather enforce a squad cap, 22 players over the age of 21 allowed to be registered, then no limit on this who fall under that age group. Beyond that, the pyramid structure is being worked towards already so I would leave that to develop. I would perhaps switch to 3 leagues of 14 for the senior game, with a split at each level after the 26th game, into a top 6 and a bottom 8. It would mean the bottom half playing more games than the top half but that would go some way towards compensating for the fact that those games should theoretically see lower crowds. I'd also favour a switch to 2 up, 2 down and the 3rd top/bottom sides playing in a play off.

A bottom half split of 8 teams with only 2 going down brings lots of meaningless games after xmas to a lot of teams, crowds would fall off and even if teams put up ST prices to cover the extra game etc, fans might just buy on a game to game basis to suit them 

Last season st johnstone and motherwell finished 30 points ahead of the drop zone, they were pretty much free of relegation from nee year as dundee were shite, 

I have no idea how to fix that issue but more games down the bottom of the table is bad as usually in the spfl one or two teams get isolated

• 1 month later...

I would nationalise football, with each local authority financing their local football clubs. Smaller clubs would be merged, to make them more sustainable. One would have to prove they live within their club's authority's boundaries in order to purchase a ticket for the home end, so hardcore supporters would have to relocate. 

• 3 weeks later...