Monday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

Double header to start the MNF season with the Jets going to the Lions (00.10 kick off) and the Rams taking on John Gruden’s Raiders (03.20 kick off)

Should just about last the entire game in Detroit tonight but il be catching up with game in Oakland tomorrow evening.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to expect from the Lions tonight.  It's not been a particularly inspiring pre-season but I'm not sure that translates into much when it comes to the real action.

Lions have been 9-7 the last two years and have a new coach in Mat Patricia but when you look at the rest of the division they haven't made any moves as eye-catching (Packers have Rodgers back, Vikings signed Cousins, Bears traded for Mack).  However, the Lions have Matt Stafford and a very reliable and underrated receiving core.  The run game is probably the most discussed weakness in Detroit and resources have been put into that this off-season, with offensive lineman Frank Ragnow and running back Kerryon Johnson drafted with the Lions top two picks and a free agency move for LaGarret Blount.  

I think the Lions should have enough to take it, from a fantasy point of view Stafford throwing a few TDs to Marvin Jones would suit me, as well as Isiah Crowell racking up some yards for the Jets.

Golden Tate is going to go off tonight. We can't deal with any slot receivers let alone very good ones.

But Sam Darnold will start his MVP campaign tonight against a Lion's team with no pass rush. Give him time and watch him slice it up.

Prediction - Darnold 50-0 Lions

As ICTChris said we've had a very uninspiring preseason but the real shit starts tonight and I think tonight can could see the unveiling of something never seen for a few years with Detroit, namely a running game!!!
The fact that Abdullah has been sent to the Special Teams seems to indicate a whole new look to it and I'm really looking forward to seeing Blount unchained, he looks like a complete machine and the sort of scaryness the opposition haven't seen from the Lions in decades, but I'll suppose we'll see, if he has an average rush yardage of over 4% then technically it's going to be hailed a success!!!
Was going to record this and watch it tomorrow...

...but f**k it!!!

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

As ICTChris said we've had a very uninspiring preseason but the real shit starts tonight and I think tonight can could see the unveiling of something never seen for a few years with Detroit, namely a running game!!!
The fact that Abdullah has been sent to the Special Teams seems to indicate a whole new look to it and I'm really looking forward to seeing Blount unchained, he looks like a complete machine and the sort of scaryness the opposition haven't seen from the Lions in decades, but I'll suppose we'll see, if he has an average rush yardage of over 4% then technically it's going to be hailed a success!!!
Was going to record this and watch it tomorrow...

...but f**k it!!!

Kerryon Johnson is so much better than Legarrette Blount. You'll see tonight.

Kerryon Johnson is so much better than Legarrette Blount. You'll see tonight.

Indeed we shall, but I don't really care who carries as long as somebody does!!!

How's your Darnold prediction going for you???[emoji6]

Archived