Scotland v Albania

velo army

31 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Must win game tonight. If not, where on earth does Eck go from here?
Get McDonald, Mulgrew TF and play the strongest available players.
We're too small a nation to be mucking about with experimental sides. Best 11 out there, every game.

Sadly for us all I think its clear Mulgrew will be ln the 11 tonight.  McLeish has name dropped him a few times in terms of the mistakes issue so I would not be shocked in the slightest to see his name in the 11...I do not think we have much choice in terms of dropping him anyway. The changes will be further up I reckon. Id like to see McTominay in for McDonald because although he has not started for Utd yet, only 4 games in, he is a lot more Mobile than McDonald who looks slower than a week in Jail.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure everyone has some sort of Skeleton or other hiding in their closet and it really is a sad day when the ordinary football fan is wanting or expecting Mother Theresa, Jesus Christ or some other saint like figure as the coach of their football team.

Personally I couldn't give a toss who manages us or what their perceived indiscretions may or may not be, the bottom line is results and track record and sadly McLeish has neither but we're stuck with him and as such will need to put up with him so long as the SFA are happy with the appointment.

Let's just all pull behind the team and hope they give us a good performance and a good result.

Must be my memory but I thought McLeish had a decent record as Scotland manager first time around. He should be given a bit of time this time to see how he does this time. I seriously doubt the first 5 games would have been the fixtures McLeish would have picked to try and sort out his best team over. 

1 minute ago, Jute said:

Must be my memory but I thought McLeish had a decent record as Scotland manager first time around. He should be given a bit of time this time to see how he does this time. I seriously doubt the first 5 games would have been the fixtures McLeish would have picked to try and sort out his best team over. 

In fairness, taking on games against Belgium & Portugal were just sheer folly by the SFA as what did they seriously think we had to gain ?

A good thrashing, dented moral and a further slide down the World Rankings...............

Like everyone else, must win game this, it'll be a hard game but we should be beating them at home. I would love for once to just start on the front foot and an early goal, never happens tho, team for me......

McGregor

Souttar            Mulgrew           Tierney

Fraser                                                                             Robertson

McGinn

Snodgrass  Armstrong   McGregor

Griffiths

Wouldn't be too bothered if Forrest came in for Fraser or Snodgrass.

Just now, The_Judge said:

Appears to have been performing consistently at a good level for the last 10 years.

Ah right, just looks to do everything in slow motion and not very well.

So we agree McLeish shouldn’t be manager we just can’t reach a consensus on why he shouldn’t be manager?

I quite like Mulgrew as a player but he looked disinterested against Belgium, if he starts tonight he will need to be focussed.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So we agree McLeish shouldn’t be manager we just can’t reach a consensus on why he shouldn’t be manager?

Anything he utters in public these days. I don't mean to sound glib, but I am constantly left with the impression that he is either pished or seriously unwell. F*ck knows how the players can take instruction from him.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Are you still not getting this? It wasn't his job to register his contract with the governing bodies. When a player is incorrectly registered for a competition (happens almost every year in cup ties) and found out after the game is the player a cheat? 

Your stance on this is quite interesting,if you look at the EBT list watty and sally are not on it so for me this was a conscious choice for McLeish and a bad one plus with him walking away from the Scotland job the first time it's showing a lack of commitment to the cause,so apart from him being a shit manager he also makes bad choices and lacks commitment for me this will rub off on the players.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your stance on this is quite interesting,if you look at the EBT list watty and sally are not on it so for me this was a conscious choice for McLeish.

EBTs only came in after their 9IAR i think? Then they had  stopped when they both came back. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

EBTs only came in after their 9IAR i think? Then they had  stopped when they both came back. 

Watty came back in 2007 EBT's were still in use until 2011,anyway i don't want to hi-jack this thread,we both agree that McLeish should be nowhere near this Scotland team.

3 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

So how come Graeme Souness got one?

Allegedley scouting, seems a bit murky though given he bought a few players from Rangers at that time.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Watty came back in 2007 EBT's where still in use until 2011,anyway i don't want to hi-jack this thread,we both agree that McLeish should be nowhere near this Scotland team.

The last ebt contracts were given out in 2007 though Going by google, Im guessing 2011 meant some were 4 year deals. But yes Mcleish should be nowehere near the team regardless.

2 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

might not be the exact same but i wish we had a fanbase for the national team like argentina's they have some of the most violent and hostile rivalries but when the nation plays its forgot about, the paranoia of the Old Firm consumes our national game and team.

No it doesn't. The national team I mean.

Archived