Scotland v Albania

velo army

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

So we've gone from him being an outright cheat, an unaware cheat to guy whos been tainted.

He’s now a bewildering mess of man who should not be left in charge of his own thoughts let alone a team.  But he is not a cheat.

Again, whether he was aware at the time or not he did cheat the Scottish game and should not have been considered. Cheating that he was tainted by.

23 minutes ago, forameus said:

And add to that the curious case of the vitriol around the possibility of Malky Mackay getting the job, while touting O'Neill.  Not to get into "bad-man-top-trumps" but Malky' indiscretions didn't have the possibility of killing people.

He's still a sexist and racist c**t though.

18 minutes ago, Guts said:

Again, whether he was aware at the time or not he did cheat the Scottish game and should not have been considered. Cheating that he was tainted by.

Cheating or not its the fact Scotland appointed someone who has been an abject failure at management since his time backed by Minty Moonbeams EBT chequebook. He shouldnt be in the job as he's hopeless and most likely more pissed than George Burley.

21 minutes ago, Guts said:

Are you still not getting this? It wasn't his job to register his contract with the governing bodies. When a player is incorrectly registered for a competition (happens almost every year in cup ties) and found out after the game is the player a cheat? 

Not sure where I've found the optimism but I fancy us to defend well and create chances and nick this 1-0.

Friday was no barometer of how good or bad our side/squad/management is. Tonight is.

I believe (hope!) they can prove some of the doubters wrong.

6 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

New thing on Twitter seems to be it's a disgrace McGregor is in squad/going to start because he was banned in 2009 for life.  Lets just forget he's been capped 34 times since then...

i couldn't care less if he was banned he's better than gordon and should be playing.

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You correctly called out the revisionism from others on Strachan, but the bit I've bolded is every bit as bad in the opposite direction. We were 1-0 up at half-time in that game, and we conceded two soft goals from set pieces.

I appreciate that might be the way that goals were conceded, but the story of the match was that we gave them 67% of the ball when they were visibly a weaker team than us. 

We should have gone out to stand on their throats at 1-0, but lacked conviction in our ability to get a second and third goal

2 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

i couldn't care less if he was banned he's better than gordon and should be playing.

Indeed, anyone who thinks otherwise need both and eye and brain transplant.

11 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

New thing on Twitter seems to be it's a disgrace McGregor is in squad/going to start because he was banned in 2009 for life.  Lets just forget he's been capped 34 times since then...

Let me guess.  Is the Twittermewling from the "Green and Grey Dross" (c) 2012?

16 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

I was all up for this "Never again" "banned for life" stuff until I remembered Craig Gordon.

We all make mistakes, to err is human etc

Not sure where I've found the optimism but I fancy us to defend well and create chances and nick this 1-0.
Friday was no barometer of how good or bad our side/squad/management is. Tonight is.
I believe (hope!) they can prove some of the doubters wrong.

It’s Albania. That’s probably why you’re expecting a win.

14 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed, anyone who thinks otherwise need both and eye and brain transplant.

Yep.  And I think the problem is now making the twitter space because he once again plays for Rangers. 

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Let me guess.  Is the Twittermewling from the "Green and Grey Dross" (c) 2012?

Mostly, but their seem to be pocket of fans from other clubs.  

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Yep.  And I think the problem is now making the twitter space because he once again plays for Rangers. 

Mostly, but their seem to be pocket of fans from other clubs.  

might not be the exact same but i wish we had a fanbase for the national team like argentina's they have some of the most violent and hostile rivalries but when the nation plays its forgot about, the paranoia of the Old Firm consumes our national game and team.

Archived