Scotland v Albania

velo army

After all the tawdry abuse Eck has been getting here, he deserves huge credit for that performance. Albania, on paper, are as good as we are and we made them look like diddies tonight.

Souttar was wonderful tonight; commanding in the air and composed with the ball at his feet.  O’Donnel was excellent too. McGinn’s ball winning ability has been mentioned here already.

Albania were very stuffy, as expected, but we breached them twice and were unfortunate not to score more.

Haven’t enjoyed a Scotland game as much in ages.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOD was easily MOTM in a great team performance.

That's not just an opinion, folks, it's a fact.

McGinn was excellent (but prone to the odd brain fart), Soutter was commanding even after his unwarranted yellow, Tierney was solid and reliable. Naisy should have had a hattrick.

Great result.
O'Donnell was a class above the rest.

47 minutes ago, velo army said:

After all the tawdry abuse Eck has been getting here, he deserves huge credit for that performance. Albania, on paper, are as good as we are and we made them look like diddies tonight.

Souttar was wonderful tonight; commanding in the air and composed with the ball at his feet.  O’Donnel was excellent too. McGinn’s ball winning ability has been mentioned here already.

Albania were very stuffy, as expected, but we breached them twice and were unfortunate not to score more.

Haven’t enjoyed a Scotland game as much in ages.

Pretty much this. Won't lie I was a bit worried for all our first half probing that we went in at the break still level but any nerves on that front quickly evaporated with the early second half goal.

Would need to see the highlights for a proper look but from the west stand I thought Souttars yellow card was a ridiculous decision. Looked like he got up and won the header fair and square.

Only been to a few Scotland games before (all but 1 of them were in 1997 at Rugby Park) but decided last week that I would go tonight.  Decent seat, basically the same as when Ayr play Queens Park but the opposite side, good view of everything.  

Scotland played some really nice stuff and just couldn't get onto the end of a lot of balls across the face, could very easily been a big score tonight.  

McGregor was excellent, first time I've seen him not on TV and I was a lot more impressed than I had been before with him.  Same with Tierney (although he looked like he was in a major huff most of the second half?).  Was surprised when Naismith got recalled but I thought he looked great, worked awfy hard and got his goals.  

Would go again, when do the illegal settlers visit?  

I've been genuinely worried for Alex McLeish based entirely on reading comments about how he can't talk or remember where he is but I've just clicked on a YouTube video of Alex McLeish talking about the Scotland v Albania match and... he seems compos mentis to me. When he reached for the water though, my heart was in my mouth; literally! I thought he was gonna down it two-handed fae the bottle. 

I love the fact he said he wants people to come see SCOTLAND rather than Belgium or Portugal or whoever. YES! That is what we want. I'm not a fan of his football usually but you can tell he cares and I think in international football that's worth more than ability. That was a joke. I think it's important though. His record in competitive games isn't too bad really :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxErpxisEI

While I'm here... I thought McGinn was mostly excellent. He does a lot of things really well and I think once he adds some composure and awareness (Steve Bruce should help with that) and plays more games against decent opposition... I think he'll be the Broony-Messi... on crack but better. At the moment he's too "WAAAAAA! FOOTBALL! YAAAAA!" Chillax mate! Take your time.  He did have a wonderful (imo) ball-winning moment second half where he just decided to be stronger and stuck his foot in and took the ball and the Albanian guy fell over crying whilst Scotland attacked. The Championship probably isn't going to turn him into the player we need but if he can cut out the often catastrophic errors... I think he's going to be good enough. Ish.

7 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He’s been ok none of his standing of players would have been anywhere near the squad , let alone playing under strachan

That, well I don’t even know if you can call it a shot towards the end left me feeling embarrassed for him 

It was like that guy your mate brings to the fives from work just to make the numbers up. Full kit and shin pads, the lot. The strip is the fake effort from Turkey you used to get. It would have Runaldo on it instead of Ronaldo

Hopefully he’s played his last game for the national team 

Archived