Scotland v Albania

velo army

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Who is significantly better at RWB than that performance?

Not sure a lack of options makes O'Donnell good enough, tbh. 

I'm biased, but I think McKenna is really suited to being in the middle of that defence.

Souttar, McKenna and Tierney would be a young back three, but we could reap the rewards in future years if they continue on their current trajectories. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

I'm biased, but I think McKenna is really suited to being in the middle of that defence.

Souttar, McKenna and Tierney would be a young back three, but we could reap the rewards in future years if they continue on their current trajectories. 

McKenna straight back in once he’s fit. 

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

At 21 I think he has the potential to be top class.

Absolutely strolled it

Hes only 21? Feels like hes been on the go for much longer. Thats pretty much the same age as Mckenna, Hearts will probably be happy Mckenna getting all the attention recently where there isnt much in between the two, in fact Souttar has played far more games at top scottish level I would imagine. I did wonder why Celtic werent sniffing about Souttar when the money being quoted for McKenna was getting a bit silly.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure a lack of options makes O'Donnell good enough, tbh. 

I didn't say it did. The fact that he performed well at international level makes him good enough for international level imo

It was the person I quoted who seemed to suggest there were plenty of better options

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He had two poor passes tonight, other than that he won the ball back hunners of times and drove us forward whilst showing some really good quality and playing some excellent passes. Surely you can’t just focus on the negatives, he was arguably motm?

McGinn was the best player on the pitch by a mile. 

A few excellent performances in there.

O'Donnell, Naismith and Souttar surprised me. SOD looked comfortable, and close to MOTM, which I didn't see coming from his club performances tbh. Naismith looked as good today as he did 5 years ago, and Souttar strolled that. At 21, maybe he'll be the great scottish centre back hope we were all hoping Grant Hanley would become

I was impressed at how we completely dominated the midfield, particularly as they had Xhaka. McGinn and McGregor looked good, although McGinn looks like he's got a mistake in him. Give him time, and he could be excellent for us.

Much less nervy than I expected, bring on Israel 

McGinn was the best player on the pitch by a mile. 
Love his ability to hook the ball from an attacking opponent's feet from behind and jet off in the opposite direction. That is potentially game-changing skill. Shame he still has mistakes in him but who doesn't and he's clearly getting better and on an upwards trajectory

Guest DAVIDB69
I notice not much is being said about Souttar.  I didn’t like him at United and was glad to see the back of him but I was impressed by him on Friday and again tonight.

He doesn’t look any less a central defender than Harry McGuire who is worth 75million

He doesn’t look any less a central defender than Harry McGuire who is worth 75million

Mental that he’s apparently worth that.

Thought McGinn was MOTM tonight, bar 2 stray passes, he was immense. The defence played well tonight as well, although I’d rather not start with Mulgrew against a decent side.

A few excellent performances in there.
O'Donnell, Naismith and Souttar surprised me. SOD looked comfortable, and close to MOTM, which I didn't see coming from his club performances tbh. Naismith looked as good today as he did 5 years ago, and Souttar strolled that. At 21, maybe he'll be the great scottish centre back hope we were all hoping Grant Hanley would become
I was impressed at how we completely dominated the midfield, particularly as they had Xhaka. McGinn and McGregor looked good, although McGinn looks like he's got a mistake in him. Give him time, and he could be excellent for us.
Much less nervy than I expected, bring on Israel 
I'm surprised that you mention SOD's club performances, he's been outstanding for us for a year now.

Two things, the errors he made both tonight and on Friday were absolute show stoppers. Friday we were punished, tonight we weren't but I'd put that down to luck more than anything. Secondly, I don't think he was the MotM, but that's generally a subjective call for most, and I'd say I've seen him play much better both in a St Mirren jersey and a Hibs one. I think maybe the occasion got to him? I don't know why but that would be but his concentration at times was very poor.
I'm not singling him out, I only mention it because he was being discussed by others.

No way I’m blaming the goal against Belgium on McGinn. McGinn should’ve went mental at Gordon for that.

McGinn is a decent enough player. Probably found his level in the English championship.

Not sure he’s the long term solution for us in the centre of midfield right enough.

If Kevin McDonald can play in the EPL no reason why McGinn can’t. And to be honest I think he’s the future of the side, his energy and workrate alongside being a very good player with a great left foot should be massive for Scotland. Coming from a doubter.

Archived