Scotland v Albania

velo army

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm working so can someone let me know how S(G)OD is playing please?

"Stephen O'Donnell has been terrific. The level of performance for someone with so few caps has been fabulous."

A quote from Willie Miller, even he recognises SOD is having a cracking game.......

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's only four, if we're planning to lose the other games.  Three more wins is fine, so long as we don't go losing.

Yeah, you're probably right.  Looking at the way the fixtures fall, if we can win in Israel next month, we will be in a very good position, and could be in an even better one after Israel play Albania again.

Also good that we're playing our designated assume-the-position friendly against Portugal after the important one and not before.  Should mean the pressure's off, and people can just fucking calm down a wee bit before going all biblical when we lose a friendly.

McGinn going forward and winning the ball back is brilliant to watch however, I get the fear if he's near his own 18 yard box. 

I like the look of Mctominay and also O'donnell must have been close to man of the match. 

Armstrong brought a bit of intelligence to the midfield to counter McGinn's dug chasing a crisp poke style. 

Naismith was brilliant tonight, sheer work rate and tenacity deserved his goals. 

Only negative was a bit careless on the ball and Russell didn't offer too much. 

We did clearly look a cut above Albania which was a relief because I always get the fear that we are at the level of teams like this. In saying that, they could have caught us a couple of times.

We threatened every time we got the ball, however it was always a calamity when the ball was in the box. There was no composure by anyone except Naismith who lives for a stramash. This win doesn't give me confidence in Mcleish at all but it does for the players.  

I dont understand our fans at times. Why do so many of you want to take the biggest negative in every situation?

Get battered off one of the best teams in the world in a friendly and you'd think the world was ending, manager oot, tears and snotters everywhere.

We've just utterly battered a team that played at Euro 2016. A fairly decent team around our level and it's all pub team chat.

How about we give the manager and the team a wee bit of praise tonight?! Superb performance and plenty of excellent individual performances.

P.S McGinn is a sexy wee b*****d. Wonderful player.

To be fair I wasn't impressed with the selection of O'Donnell but thought he played well. If he can recreate that against better teams then could make right back his own. 

No chance. He played as well as he possibly could tonight, and it served its purpose against absolute dross. Scotland will need, and have, significantly better than O’Donnell against better opposition.

He seems like a really good guy, so I wish him well, but he’s not an international quality full back.

McGinn was sloppy tonight. He played well but he made mistakes that could have cost us. Same for Alan McGregor. A couple of great saves but he had shaky moments where he spilled the ball. More than good enough for this level.

We fully deserved the win and given the Albania performance it could have been a lot more.

I'm happy Naismith got a goal. He is still one of our best options up front. Perhaps the best option in games where we won't have much posession and play 1 up front.

Archived