Scotland v Albania

velo army

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FT 2-0

I have no interest in and therefore don’t watch international friendlies, so this is the first time I’ve seen us under McLeish.

Thought we were excellent. Controlled the game from start to finish. Scored 2, should have scored more. Ended up a really comfortable win.

It’s clear we have moved forward under McLeish from the dark days of the Strachan era. He seems to have instilled a real belief about the players and that’s an excellent 3 points for us tonight. I think we may actually do this Euro 2020 thing. Imagine that, Scotland in a major finals!

Albania are a side with experienced players who qualified for and did ok at the finals in Euro 2016. They’re certainly no mugs, but we dealt with them no problem. When you think about how much we’ve struggled against teams like Georgia and Lithuania in recent campaigns, this is really encouraging stuff. Almost 2 years ago we needed a last minute equaliser to snatch a point at home to them Lithuanians. Oh, how far we’ve come.

Eck is the man.

Nope.

Legend or not, the SFA are paying his EBT.

He is most certainly not the man.

Just now, kingjoey said:

McGinn proved tonight that he’s undoubtedly overrated. He’s ok, but no way as good as he’s being made out to be.

What is it with Aberdeen fans and John McGinn? 

The bitterness is top notch.

Griffiths was pretty wasteful at times.  Noticed two particular occasions where he went into "the-ringer-nobody-wanted-at-5s" mode refusing to give up the ball.  Still probably the best option we have, but I really wish that wasn't the case.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'd say 4.  Win two of our three group games and I don't think (maths could correct me) we could be caught at the top.  

Then we just need to shitfest the remaining two playoff games and win on penalties.  Yass.

It's only four, if we're planning to lose the other games.  Three more wins is fine, so long as we don't go losing.

2 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Not bitter.

Just don’t see it.

Anyone who thought he had a good game tonight is kidding themselves.

He had generally a good game, winning the ball often and driving the team forward, but he fucked up badly once in particular. Against top opposition (e.g. Belgium) that would probably have been punished. But the reality is we don't have a player who does what McGinn does positively without the f**k-ups.

Stephen O'Donnell was MOTM for me, followed by Tierney and Allan McGregor (key save at 1-0).

Archived