Scotland v Albania

velo army

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that doesn't give the tiniest shit how good or bad Albania are?  Why do we always have to qualify how we do with "aye, but the opposition were pure shite".  This competition is specifically designed to pit sides against each other who are on the same level.   Five more games like this and we'll be in Euro 2020.  

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Surely trolling?

From what I've seen he likes to sit deep and shuttle the ball from defenders to more creative midfielders, same as McDonald. Nothing wrong with that type of player.

1 minute ago, DAVIDB69 said:

None of us have seen enough of him to offer a significant opinion

Worth noting McTominay has the same amount of caps as McDonald.

Just now, forameus said:

Am I the only one that doesn't give the tiniest shit how good or bad Albania are?  Why do we always have to qualify how we do with "aye, but the opposition were pure shite".  This competition is specifically designed to pit sides against each other who are on the same level.   Five more games like this and we'll be in Euro 2020.  

I'm with you on this.  We have completely outclassed a team who are apparently at our level.

Guest DAVIDB69

It’s a decent shout play offs todays would be Bulgaria , Greece , Scotland and Montenegro

Think the problem being in recent years is that we beat someone of low standing and we suddenly think we are world beaters , when in reality it’s someone we should be beating.

We should just work from a low base

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

From what I've seen he likes to sit deep and shuttle the ball from defenders to more creative midfielders, same as McDonald. Nothing wrong with that type of player.

Worth noting McTominay has the same amount of caps as McDonald.

If you mean same style of player then fair enough although Mcdonald seems to struggle to be even be that sort of player at this level. A season in the EPL may help him adjust though.

As long as McTominay sticks to his simple game unlike a certain ex man united player for Scotland I think he wil do fine.

Guest DAVIDB69
Never international class, not in a million years

He’s been ok none of his standing of players would have been anywhere near the squad , let alone playing under strachan

Archived