Brechin v Rovers: Cuthbert's last stand

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair to say Cuthbert fucked that up royally. Played 3-5-2 and none of the players looked in any way comfortable with it. 

Played Nisbet at wing back.

Played Davo over McKay and the former fucked up a routine ball that lead to the dead ball Brechin scored.

Neither side had more than a shot on target.

Fair to say Cuthbert fucked that up royally. Played 3-5-2 and none of the players looked in any way comfortable with it. 
Played Nisbet at wing back.
Played Davo over McKay and the former fucked up a routine ball that lead to the dead vall Brechin scored.
Neither side had more than a shot on target.
I though sky sports line up must have been wrong!

Nisbets been banging them in so playing as a wing back is madness. I can't get my head round that at all!

1 minute ago, Deadly said:

I though sky sports line up must have been wrong!

Nisbets been banging them in so playing as a wing back is madness. I can't get my head round that at all!

He seemed to want to match Brechin. However it took a good hour before the team figured out where their team mates were.

Really poor effort from us and one that will likely rule Cuthbert out from the job. We set up to go with experienced players in a system they had no experience with. Only really Buchanan and Vaughan looked to get the ball to feet.

From the start of the second half to scoring we dictated the game well, with our midfield coming into it a bit more. But for far too long we were set up where players would shell the ball long with McGeever smoking a cigar at the back heading them away.

Brechin were well drilled, created numerous opportunities and looked to play football more than us. We had a shout for a penalty towards the end where the ball came up and hit McGeever's hand. Overall I'd say we were the worse team, and should've done far better today. Melingui looks a real handful.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Scottydog said:
The most insippidly shit first 45 mins I've endured in a wee while.

Guessing you didn't make Airdrie away...

Thankfully not, I was offshore for both halves.

Ooft we've been clamouring for changes and for this illustrious 3-5-2 all season. And Kevin Cuthbert shows his lack of backbone and tried to change what has been a winning formula so far. Last week aside, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the team that started and ended the Forfar game. He's tried to chuck his hat on the ring and made a mess of it based on today. With the players and quality we've got, we should have put that Brechin team to bed. They had nothing that we couldn't have dealt with. Even with 5 in the middle, we had no midfield presence throughout the first half.

Point a very fair result. Rovers didn't have much goal threat and a pen seemed the only way they'd score today. 

Personally I thought we'd lose this one,  so not only am I delighted to grab a late point, but also develop this ongoing "it's not over 'til it's over" mentality that seems to be going on after the Dumbarton and Arbroath comebacks. 

Boris' ability to score with headers despite being the shortest guy on the park is as bizarre as it is welcomed. Well done Ser. 

That was fucking brutal.

Hoped  (and looked like) we would grab a gritty win having been leading with 3 minutes to play. Disappointing to ship a late goal even if the lead wasn’t overly deserved.

Tactics  were poor and performances were poor all over the park.

Journey was great and day out was quality. Special mention to hedgecutter who saw us a good day out :thumsup2

Hangover will  be less bad cos we didn’t win, but feel worse cos we didn’t win!... 

jobbies

Archived