Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Easton is a cracking player but he needs to cut the shite and get himself an attitude. He should be looking to Hilson as an example, thought he looked very dangerous today and got his head down and worked hard.

This /\/\

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

As you’ve said he does do the defensive stuff better than Bobby or DD. It’s a nice headache for Dick to have tho.

DC has got a few nice headaches to deal with just now with the strength of the squad a good time to be a lichtie I think we can all agree on.

DC has got a few nice headaches to deal with just now with the strength of the squad a good time to be a lichtie I think we can all agree on.

I still think we are a bit short of depth at the back. Found DC’s subs a bit bizarre today as well. Bobby was ripping them apart

until bobby scored he was poor then was so good. wallace was very poor today mckenna not far behind him totally got nothing from both of them today.swankie class again hammy had a good game after that rant well done guys forfar so bad

McKenna has been a stand out since signing
100% every week
Wasn’t a fan of Wallace last season but been class so far this year
Only places in our team that could do with rotation/ spicing up is whatley and Omar

Ty x

Only thing that concerns me about a Wallace, McKenna partnership is a lack of goals. Thought Mckenna had a decent game today but watching Omar is like watching a slow motion video, he's a decent player but don't think he should be a starter. Thought it was a strange decision to take Linn off so early when Forfar could still have got back into it but we deserved the win from our second half play.

Only thing that concerns me about a Wallace, McKenna partnership is a lack of goals. Thought Mckenna had a decent game today but watching Omar is like watching a slow motion video, he's a decent player but don't think he should be a starter. Thought it was a strange decision to take Linn off so early when Forfar could still have got back into it but we deserved the win from our second half play.

+11 goal difference and still moaning...

As soon as he took bobby off I was dreading the potential 3-3 and bumping into Simon in town and having to try and justify and defend DCs in game management [emoji23]

Turned out ok though, but Bobby could’ve scored another 2 in they last 20 minutes, guy is flying. What a fucking boy. He’s our best ever player/servant in modern times like. Ricky is up there too.

Maybe either tiredness or a an injury of some sort, certainly seemed a bit weird taking him off when he’s in the that type of form, only other I could think would to get him an ovation that he got and deserved but a bit risky doing that at 3-1 with still 20 mins left.

I think everything I'm thinking right now has been covered by others on this thread :D I'm glad it's not just myself who is becoming slightly worried by Whatley's dip in form into this season; for a defensive midfielder who is there to break up the play, I can't remember him making a tackle yesterday but I can remember easily 6-8+ times the opposition broke through the centre of the park and Whatley was out of position/ they were right in behind him very easily. I feel the main area we struggle in/ look vulnerable in the last few weeks has been getting sliced open right through the middle of the park and when the shit hits the fan and we lose a couple/ start to struggle (every team has a bad run/ runs through a 36 game season) the middle of the park will be the big problem. Luckily we're very good in other positions and have been able to cover this weakness so far. Regarding Omar, he does a lot of work covering back and puts a great shift in, but my opinion is always that only goes so far and his footballing ability is clearing not anywhere near many other players we have...... while the shift he puts in is excellent we're a top end League 1 team right now, and I feel players need to have a bit more than all the usual 'dig', 'energy', 'a good engine', 'puts in 100%' etc. and this needs to be backed up with footballing ability.

Also, as others have stated, I nearly shat myself when Dick took Wallace and Boab off with 20min to go. It resulted in us not being able to hold the ball up top whatsoever without Wallace and also with our best out ball by a mile taken out the game...... if we'd not won that it would have 100% been on Dick.... however I would say it shows the faith he has in the squad in general where he feels he can do that (wrongly IMO :lol: ) with 20 min to go and for it to not effect the game.

Despite the above, I'm obviously absolutely delighted with yesterday. A good, solid home win in a game where we didn't play up to the level we know we can play..... we'll play better than yesterday and draw/ lose games over the course of the season. I was saying on the way back from the game yesterday, I feel slightly bad picking on Omar and Whatley when we've had such a superb start to the season, but a team will always have weaknesses that need to be acknowledged and sometimes looked at before they start costing the team. It's not like Omar/ Whatley are having stinking games every single week, it's just that they have some superb players around them and it shows them up as average players in comparison to the other top end League 1 players we have in the squad. It's not like they're shite and shouldn't be in our squad, far far from it, I just feel these are the two areas we could/ maybe should be looking to improve on over the course of the season.

Comical to think some fans last year were referring to Bobby Linn as 'finished' while believing Ryan Wallace didn't add anything to the team...... they are two of our most important players and I feel their form is a huge, huge part to our excellent start to the season. Long may it continue :) Every player and staff member deserve a lot of praise (even Mark Whatley and Omar :D ) for our superb start to the season. I feel there is a huge belief among everyone at the club right now that we really can win this division, I certainly believe we will be right up the top end challenging.

From all the teams I have seen so far I wouldn’t trade Wallace and McKenna for any other pairing, Andy Jackson probably impressed me the most, And for all the praise Baird has gotten this season I thought he was very poor, And Hilson was far more dangerous, 

When Doris comes back it gives Dick a massive headache if he is even close to being the player he was, Maybe you will see McKenna take up Kaders position on the wing? 

We were slow to get into the game, Forfar were probably the better side in the first half.  Bobby Linn's first goal was slightly against the run of play and I thought Forfar were very lucky to get the free kick that they scored from. It didn't look like a foul to me. Jamieson's positioning wasn't too clever at the free kick and although Forfar's keeper positioned himself better for Bobby Linn's free kick from much the same position as the Forfar one he couldn't save it.
Second half we were the better side although Swankie seemed to disappear and Kader should have been subbed much earlier. Can't remember if that was Bobby Linn's first hat trick for us? Good three points to stay at the top.
Not too much wrong in that.
You're being pretty harsh on your 'keeper, though. No danger of getting near that free kick to be honest, top quality finish right in the corner.

Guest bernardblack
For an experienced pro John Baird certainly gets caught offside a lot

At least five times yesterday....odd one as he’s usually sharper.

Arbroath were the better team yesterday.

Speaks volumes that McCord and Denholm can’t get into the team at the moment.

From all the teams I have seen so far I wouldn’t trade Wallace and McKenna for any other pairing, Andy Jackson probably impressed me the most, And for all the praise Baird has gotten this season I thought he was very poor, And Hilson was far more dangerous, 
When Doris comes back it gives Dick a massive headache if he is even close to being the player he was, Maybe you will see McKenna take up Kaders position on the wing? 

Wouldn’t mind that. Think McKenna needs to be in the side somewhere, guy I was speaking to yesterday picked up on a lot of things he done poorly and agreed with him, never had one of his better games but his energy and work rate is so important. Defenders never get a moments peace when they have it and when it’s played direct upto him the defender knows he’s in for a battle.

Didn’t think Wallace was great yesterday either but he always tries things and in the end it was another lovely ball that got McKenna through one on one with McCallum before it was squared to Bobby.

It was my favourite goal from the 3 gutted it never made the highlights. Broke up the park so quickly. Although Bobbys two other goals were much better individual finishes.

Still trying to figure out how the officials managed to give Forfar a free kick when TOB got clattered from the corner. Standard of officiating at this level is so bad. Agree that we didn’t play to our best, Wallace had a quiet game but played some nice balls. Get Gold in for Omar, he offers nothing anymore. Whatley was poor again I thought, but don’t think there’s any chance of him being dropped unfortunately. Bobby Linn has been ridiculously good so far this season, what a boy. McKenna put in a big shift but also wasn’t at his best. Raith dropped points as well which is a bonus, take it one game at a time and who knows where we’ll end up [emoji38]

Still trying to figure out how the officials managed to give Forfar a free kick when TOB got clattered from the corner. Standard of officiating at this level is so bad. Agree that we didn’t play to our best, Wallace had a quiet game but played some nice balls. Get Gold in for Omar, he offers nothing anymore. Whatley was poor again I thought, but don’t think there’s any chance of him being dropped unfortunately. Bobby Linn has been ridiculously good so far this season, what a boy. McKenna put in a big shift but also wasn’t at his best. Raith dropped points as well which is a bonus, take it one game at a time and who knows where we’ll end up [emoji38]

I thought it was Thompson who got man handled at the corner? Wallace’s ball for McKenna in the build up to our second was sublime. Pity there are no highlights of it

I thought it was Thompson who got man handled at the corner? Wallace’s ball for McKenna in the build up to our second was sublime. Pity there are no highlights of it

It might’ve been, just remember TOB running at the ref so assumed it was him.

Archived