Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

I like the stick Easton gets for diving. This from the same set of fans who celebrate the "Hammy".

Hamilton gets in front of his man when chasing the ball meaning the guy behind him either has to slow down or take him out, that’s not diving just good defending

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
until bobby scored he was poor then was so good. wallace was very poor today mckenna not far behind him totally got nothing from both of them today.swankie class again hammy had a good game after that rant well done guys forfar so bad

Were you at the same game today? McKenna makes the difference every single game. Best signing Campbell has made

McKenna was great again, I wasn’t to overwhelmed by him getting signed but he must be one of first names on team sheet, his effort and battling is unbelievable, also thought Wallace done good today, the abuse he gets still is unbelievable, 

Thought it was Hammys best game for a while too, If anyone is in danger of loosing place it must be Whatley, I still think when we are up against it he doesn’t give enough, 

Funny listening to Weir getting interviewed again, Always moaning and thinking his team were hard done by, He though the free kick we scored from was soft,  but the free kick they got wasn’t and no mention Of the stone wall penalty we didn’t get,

No one at the game can’t admit the better team with better players won, 

Looking forward to seeing Hilson in maroon next year too 

We were slow to get into the game, Forfar were probably the better side in the first half.  Bobby Linn's first goal was slightly against the run of play and I thought Forfar were very lucky to get the free kick that they scored from. It didn't look like a foul to me. Jamieson's positioning wasn't too clever at the free kick and although Forfar's keeper positioned himself better for Bobby Linn's free kick from much the same position as the Forfar one he couldn't save it.

Second half we were the better side although Swankie seemed to disappear and Kader should have been subbed much earlier. Can't remember if that was Bobby Linn's first hat trick for us? Good three points to stay at the top.

A very clinical performance from Arbroath we didn't have that many clear cut chances but Bobby was deadly. agree that Hammy was back on song thought he was great today and in general we defended well and the goal we did concede was an opportunity given to Forfar by a ridiculous decision by the ref to give a free kick for a perfectly good ball winning tackle but hey Forfar will need more than the refs help to beat us:). McKenna great as  usual but I must admit my patience with Omar is wearing a bit thin but another three points in the bag and nice to keep our wee country cousins in their place;)

Anyone who thinks McKenna was poor today needs to stop watching football and take up fishing. We’ve been excellent all season apart from one half against Brechin so I wouldn’t be looking to change much just now, it’s easy to forget the defensive work that both Whatley and Kader get through. 

Denholm just doesn’t seem to do enough when he’s had the chance, maybe putting smith out there would work. 

We were slow to get into the game, Forfar were probably the better side in the first half.  Bobby Linn's first goal was slightly against the run of play and I thought Forfar were very lucky to get the free kick that they scored from. It didn't look like a foul to me. Jamieson's positioning wasn't too clever at the free kick and although Forfar's keeper positioned himself better for Bobby Linn's free kick from much the same position as the Forfar one he couldn't save it.
Second half we were the better side although Swankie seemed to disappear and Kader should have been subbed much earlier. Can't remember if that was Bobby Linn's first hat trick for us? Good three points to stay at the top.

Bobby got a hat trick against Clyde about 3 year back. We won 4-0

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Anyone who thinks McKenna was poor today needs to stop watching football and take up fishing. We’ve been excellent all season apart from one half against Brechin so I wouldn’t be looking to change much just now, it’s easy to forget the defensive work that both Whatley and Kader get through. 

Denholm just doesn’t seem to do enough when he’s had the chance, maybe putting smith out there would work. 

Kader is getting a game ahead of DD because of the defensive work he does of which he does do a really good job but his offensive play just now is getting pretty frustrating it just isn't happening for him but he does get through a lot of unseen work.DD still not really found his top form yet either.

Kader is getting a game ahead of DD because of the defensive work he does of which he does do a really good job but his offensive play just now is getting pretty frustrating it just isn't happening for him but he does get through a lot of unseen work.DD still not really found his top form yet either.

If he doesn’t think DD deserved a start then it should be smith on the wing. Kadar was poor throughout today

If he doesn’t think DD deserved a start then it should be smith on the wing. Kadar was poor throughout today

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

My post was so good you quoted it twice ;)

Yeah give Smith a shot out wide see how he does but DC does like Omar.

My post was so good you quoted it twice [emoji6]
Yeah give Smith a shot out wide see how he does but DC does like Omar.

As you’ve said he does do the defensive stuff better than Bobby or DD. It’s a nice headache for Dick to have tho.

Archived