Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

It’s been very windy though here this week but going by the forecast it’s set to be a nice day with little wind at kick off tomorrow. Perfect conditions for the maroon juggernaut to continue their impressive start to the season

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice problem for Dick to have after an excellent display from McCord last week or to bring in Denham for Kader but this would be my team for tomorrow :-

Jamieson

Thomson
TOB
Little
Hamilton

Linn
Whatley 
Swankie
Denholm

Wallace
McKenna

Maybe harsh on Kader and McCord but with them 2 and Hester and Smith and Graham (who have done nothing wrong) and Doris to fill the bench with Hill it shows you what a strong squad we have which is great to see.

I think we have to shackle their main player Baird (he is similar to the Hedgetrimmers Jackson) as he is a good striker.

A load of us at the AFC Corporate so lets get the result to make it a good day all round.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES.

Thank god we won that would’ve ended up seething at the ref, never a free kick for them. Soft one for ours too but that was the correct call.

I think it was deceptively windy, not much in the game first half with Forfar probably edging it but second half thought we were deserved winners.

Linn absolutely superb, Omar needs to come out, if we don’t want to go with DD and two attacking wingers I’d prefer Gold to do his role. Think Smith looked lively when he came on.

Forfar have a few tidy players this season, liked Cunningham, Hilson and Baird. Don’t rate Moore much and it’s a dodgy centre half pairing too imo.

Fairly even game imo, thought Arbroath maybe slightly edged it. We were good first half but completely fell away in the second. Bobby Linn tearing us a new one yet again[emoji849]
Worrying attribute we seem to have picked up.
Better team in the first half, completely fell apart in the second.
On the plus side the new guy looks decent and Matty coming back can only be a good thing.
Hope Brechin don't have a long term injury making his comeback against us next week. Vaughan then Linn!

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Forfar have a few tidy players this season, liked Cunningham, Hilson and Baird. Don’t rate Moore much and it’s a dodgy centre half pairing too imo.

Not just your opinion, playing Munro and Wilson (especially with Whyte on the bench) is basically conceding the game to teams with quality up top like Arbroath and Raith.

Whyte and Easton not playing is ridiculous.

Easton is a cracking player but he needs to cut the shite and get himself an attitude. He should be looking to Hilson as an example, thought he looked very dangerous today and got his head down and worked hard.

Archived