ICTFC v PTFC 15/09/18

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

It's all about gett8ng that balance right and so far so good for your boys.

Indeed. Also, our style yields penalties and hopefully Sean Welsh can keep tucking them away nicely. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed. Also, our style yields penalties and hopefully Sean Welsh can keep tucking them away nicely. 

Not that I disagree with our style but it was a monumental f**k up from the Partick player that got our penalty.

He was quite rightly hooked not long after.

Did Storey ever take any penalties for Inverness? Other than perhaps Keown I think I'd have had everyone else in the team hit one ahead of him, he genuinely struggles to kick the ball cleanly which is somewhat of a hindrance for a pro footballer. If he wasn't quick he'd be a personal trainer. 

Genuinely feel a bit sorry for the guys who pony up the cash for away games every fortnight, I've only been to 3 or 4 in the last year and I feel like one of those guys who's jacked in smoking and has a jar with about a grand in it that he's saved from giving up his habit that was slowly killing him. 

Looking forward to Kim Jong Britt-Un telling us about our strong home form shortly before Dobbie scores 5 goals next week while puffing on a cigar. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Did Storey ever take any penalties for Inverness? Other than perhaps Keown I think I'd have had everyone else in the team hit one ahead of him, he genuinely struggles to kick the ball cleanly which is somewhat of a hindrance for a pro footballer. If he wasn't quick he'd be a personal trainer. 

Genuinely feel a bit sorry for the guys who pony up the cash for away games every fortnight, I've only been to 3 or 4 in the last year and I feel like one of those guys who's jacked in smoking and has a jar with about a grand in it that he's saved from giving up his habit that was slowly killing him. 

Looking forward to Kim Jong Britt-Un telling us about our strong home form shortly before Dobbie scores 5 goals next week while puffing on a cigar. 

He was w**k, totally w**k!

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Did Storey ever take any penalties for Inverness?

I don't recollect one but we did have Tansey at the time who was pretty good with them.  I thought Storey was absolutely guff today and Mutombo wasn't much better.

I thought Storey was pretty useless when he was at ICT  apart from his pace. The young lads idolised him for some reason with that magic hat song. Was it Stirling away in the cup they kept it up for about 15 minutes? Kept their minds off other things like ‘pyro’ mind you.

No point doing any kind of massive post now that the highlights are up. Great to see them capturing Mckay dishing out some telt to Storey after his penalty miss though I did feel for him a wee bit with the abuse he was getting. It's not his fault Hughes is a moron who doesn't understand the transfer market and when he can or can't sign players.

Surprised at just how bad Partick were. They were absolutely howling and all the booing you can hear from the highlights is coming from the away fans (save for the penalty award on Welsh). Well taken goals from White and Rooney plus the slightly iffy penalty from Welsh had us home and dry and we inevitably took our foot off the gas in the second half. Nice finishes from Spittal and Doolan though they come from pretty poor defending from us so I can't imagine Robertson will be happy. Really weak header from McCart and just a complete inability to clear our lines for the Doolan strike. 

Good performances from the likes of Rooney (before he went off), Welsh, Doran, Polworth and White.  Hopefully whatever happened with Rooney and Polworth injury wise isn't too bad but it looks like Oakley will be a longer term absentee given the force with which he threw down his hair band. Not good going into the game next week as I think he could have been a great option for us up front.

A few folk said Ntambwe should have been sent off for a shirt pull. I don't see it myself. Just seems to be two players grappling with each other until Ntambwe stupidly slides in and wipes out Polworth. It is probably just enough of a genuine attempt to play the ball to allow him to stay on the pitch for a little bit longer anyway before he was subbed off. Slater seemed to be one of the few decent players for you yesterday in the first half. He was involved a lot in your attacking play but most of your chances came with ambitious shots from outside of the box. There was no real penetration behind our defence.  As others have said Partick getting a couple of goals back is almost a bad thing for them as it means that Archibald will likely be in charge for longer. 

From those highlights, it looked as if both penalties were a bit iffy. Bell didn’t cover himself in glory for the 1st 2 and Welsh’s penalty strike was pretty soft down the middle.
Storey hit his pretty well but at the right height for Ridgers, but he should have scored with the rebound.

f**k me that was grim to watch.

Cammy Bell is like an epileptic octopus dipped in lube. Spilling balls at every vector going.

Ntambwe a fucking bombscare, just stands there instead of keeping to his man for the first, and then there’s the 3rd.

Elliot and Keown total shamblesfests on the right half of defence.

I suppose Erskine looked okay going forward judging by the highlights.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Amazing how football matches just seem to always come up with snapshot moments that encapsulate exactly how things are going for certain teams.

That Storey penalty couldn’t have summed up how things have been going for Thistle recently any better.

We have a large album full of snapshots!

Archived