Let's Talk Atlantic League

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Austria and Switzerland in a Benelux league? 🤔

Yes Language reasons. Belgians  speak French and German. The Dutch Speak German. Switzerland has French and German Language plus Austria speaks German and they get on with the swiss.

Regional Leagues will become the future of Football for small nations. Like it or not.  The Alternative for countries is to sink further.  Supporters have clubs in these nations demand success and to compete against the top four leagues. Well not going to happen in the current League setup.

Balkan Leagues

Celtic League- Aka the Football Version of the pro 12  Rugby, But without Italy. Think Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland and Irish Republic.

Benelux League

Scandinavia Leagues are the future.  

Edited by Darren44

1 minute ago, Darren44 said:

Regional Leagues will become the future of Football for small nations. Like it or not.  The Alternative for countries is to sink further.  Supporters have clubs in these nations demand success and to compete against the top four leagues. Well not going to happen in the current League setup.

Balkan Leagues

Celtic

Benelux League

Scandinavia Leagues are the future.  

Good chance of 10IAR if they're the only ones in it.

Even with Lennon in charge...

Example 

An Celtic League would have Four Scottish Teams, Four Irish Republic teams. Two Welsh and Two from Northern Ireland.

You could also League underneath. The top league to ensure promotion and relegation.

Example 

Celtic league of 12

Celtic League division 1 of 16

then underneath the Scottish Premier, Welsh Premier, N. Irish Premier, League of Ireland. Teams would replace the bottom from that nation.

So if a Welsh team finished bottom. Then the Winner of the Welsh Premier is promoted to the Celtic League 1

41 minutes ago, Darren44 said:

Yes Language reasons. Belgians  speak French and German. The Dutch Speak German. Switzerland has French and German Language plus Austria speaks German and they get on with the swiss.

Someone must have forgotten to tell all the Dutch people I know.

24 minutes ago, Darren44 said:

Celtic League- Aka the Football Version of the pro 12  Rugby, But without Italy. Think Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland and Irish Republic.

There's a difference. Wales and Ireland are good at rugby. None of the four are good at football.

4 hours ago, Darren44 said:

Regional Super League's will come to exist as smaller nations are left behind by the top four(England, Spain, Germany and Italy). And the the European Super League. Its just a matter of when Regional leagues would be formed.

Celtic League(Wales, Scotland , Rep Ireland, N. Ireland.

Benelux League (Belgium, Netherlands , Luxemburg, Austria and Switzerland

Scandinavia( Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Sweden.

Baltic League- Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania.

Will come as maybe two or three divisions each.

I’m guessing the French, Polish and other Eastern European leagues are just being told to piss off in all this?

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I’m guessing the French, Polish and other Eastern European leagues are just being told to piss off in all this?

Well the French speak French, so could they not be shoehorned into the Benelux league of the Netherlands, Belgium,  Luxembourg, Austria and Switzerland.

Leichtenstein should maybe be included too, do they not speak German?

22 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Someone must have forgotten to tell all the Dutch people I know.

To be fair, I'm Dutch and German is my second language, ahead of English. :)

But Swiss German is something different... Even the Germans (except those from the border areas) don't understand them! And most Germans who are not from Bavaria struggle with the Austrians too. German is an official language in Belgium but spoken as a native language by only about 1% of the people, near the German border. And their dialect is again very different from what's spoken in Switzerland & Austria. So it's very random (and doesn't make any sense) to include these countries with The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

Edited by Marten

6 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

There's a difference. Wales and Ireland are good at rugby. None of the four are good at football.

More to the point all the significant population centres in Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham) already have representation in what is effectively an Anglo-Welsh superleague

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More to the point all the significant population centres in Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham) already have representation in what is effectively an Anglo-Welsh superleague

Wrexham is not a "significant population centre" - it is a small town (pop. 10,000). And the team was thrown out of the Football League in 2008.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

To be fair, I'm Dutch and German is my second language, ahead of English. :)

But Swiss German is something different... Even the Germans (except those from the border areas) don't understand them! And most Germans who are not from Bavaria struggle with the Austrians too. German is an official language in Belgium but spoken as a native language by only about 1% of the people, near the German border. And their dialect is again very different from what's spoken in Switzerland & Austria. So it's very random (and doesn't make any sense) to include these countries with The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

I wouldn't take it too seriously, if I were you...

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

Wrexham is not a "significant population centre" - it is a small town (pop. 10,000). And the team was thrown out of the Football League in 2008.

"Relegated" is the preferred term.

But was it with 8 games to go?

Edited by Jacksgranda

9 hours ago, Darren44 said:

Regional Super League's will come to exist as smaller nations are left behind by the top four(England, Spain, Germany and Italy). And the the European Super League. Its just a matter of when Regional leagues would be formed.

Celtic League(Wales, Scotland , Rep Ireland, N. Ireland.

Benelux League (Belgium, Netherlands , Luxemburg, Austria and Switzerland

Scandinavia( Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Sweden.

Baltic League- Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania.

Will come as maybe two or three divisions each.

7 hours ago, Marten said:

Austria and Switzerland in a Benelux league? 🤔

It's France I feel sorry for. Not good enough for the top 4 but too good for the diddy league.

Maybe there should be European mediocre league for them and Portugal.

Good point

Wikipedia lists it as 65,000 but that’s still pretty small. Nonetheless it’s still bigger than everywhere other than the three I mentioned and Wrexham are in the English pyramid

The main point being that the bits of Wales that might offer something to a “Celtic league” are already taken