Start to the season

Stranraer will run away wae it at a canter is that what  ye want tae here you being a fan cos that’s the only reason you put the post up yer posts on the Stranraer site are class anaw aye yer up there enjoy it there a decent team but they’ve had a nice fixture start it will get harder, gid 11 no much after that

Although I follow Bonnyton I don’t think we  can take anything for granted because if you remember Lochar Thistle also got off to a flyer beginning of last season and fell away 

I was talking to a couple of Lochmaben guys today & we agreed that it will be interesting to see where teams are after Xmas 

I'm being a wee bit naive here but (Looking forward) can Stranraer bring in some “Big Guns” for certain fixtures or are they limited to what they have played/listed?

Unless there's been a change Stranraer and Annan can use 1st team players, but they don't tend to. Their 1st team squads are pretty thin so I can't imagine they would send players down for "big" South League games. You might see some guys coming back from injury though.

A difference with Stranraer this season is that they don't have a team in the U20s Development/Reserve leagues like they did last season. That team seemed to house most of their central belt based fringe players and played their home games in Renfrew & Ayrshire.

15 hours ago, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

Stranraer will run away wae it at a canter is that what  ye want tae here you being a fan cos that’s the only reason you put the post up yer posts on the Stranraer site are class anaw aye yer up there enjoy it there a decent team but they’ve had a nice fixture start it will get harder, gid 11 no much after that

I’ve only seen one of their games this season (v saints) and thought they looked better than last year. 

Stranraer v Bonnyton at the end of October should be interesting. 

Stranraer team has no first team players won’t have any first team players. They also don’t have any boys from the “glasgow Team” from last season. 2 boys have signed 1 from hurlford and 1 from Creetown. Apart from that exact same team as last season 

League leaders Bonnyton losing at home to Preston and Mid Annandale getting thumped at Edinburgh Utd surprised me, tbf.

Otherwise the victors and losers weren't unexpected - indeed Newton Stewart lost to Coldstream only a few weeks ago in Scottish Cup - albeit some of the margins were eye-watering.

In a similar vein it wasn't shocking to see Sauchie beat Dalbeattie, Musselburgh beat Gala or Jeanfield beat Vale of Leithen. LTHV defeating Spartans was surprising, though.

Threave alone proceed into Last 32.

To be honest the Preston result flattered them as we were the better team by far but unfortunately it is the full time result that counts

2nd goal was a very soft penalty... player conned the young ref

3rd was miles offside but yet we had no linesmen allocated for our game yet again (none allocated so far for any of our home games!!!)

We hit crossbar twice plus Preston Goalie also made two magnificent saves 

But hey ho, on to the next game & all the  best to Preston Athletic in next round

Archived