Queens v Ross County

Always nice to get constructive criticism <_> Honestly? You're lucky to get any updates at all since the person who did it before left. There wont be any for the next two games and if people are going to complain about a lack of updates during a 0-0 theres a good chance there wont be any after that either

Just resign buddy, I'm fed up of searching the oppositions posts to find out what is happening at Queens games every week. It's not all about "me me me" FFS just go away.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just resign buddy, I'm fed up of searching the oppositions posts to find out what is happening at Queens games every week. It's not all about "me me me" FFS just go away.
Why do you need updates? I couldn't give a shit what is happening minute by minute in our games. All I care about and all that matters is goals scored. Pretty sure you could find plenty of apps that will keep you up to date with the score.

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

Really poor attendance today. Just can’t work out what is going the crowds in every week.

Great value at Palmerston at the moment. Plenty of attacking football ..... lots of goals and a team surpassing all expectations....

It really is pretty dispiriting.  

We'd won our last three games, courtesy of a wildly free scoring frontline.  We entered today's game with the prospect of going top if we won and ICT didn't.  

Yet only 1500 showed up.  I honestly don't know how that gets changed.

26 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Get yourself to f**k.

Yes, the updates aren't as good as they were last year, and as someone who doesn't get too many games I notice more than most. However, those providing then are volunteers FFS! Give them a break. I'm just glad we get any in the first place.

I'm sure if anyone on here fancied providing them then the club would be more than welcoming.

47 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’m struggling to think of any real refereeing controversy. I think I must have been at a different game to everyone today.

If County’s disallowed goal had been allowed to stand we would have had cause to complain because Harkins was fouled in the build up. Aside from that there were no big calls to make.

Jacobs’ foul was a booking all day long and he was lucky not to get a second one for a clumsy foul on the edge of the box.

I didn’t think County were a dirty team. They had a few cynical fouls to stop our counter attacks but they were the sort of fouls you see teams make every week.

I thought the referee had a poor game to be honest but I don't think he ultimately did anything that affected the result, though County may well have a reasonabe point if they were to suggest that following his booking, Jacobs was lucky not to get another for the one on the edge of his own box second half. For me that's a worse foul than the one he was booked for.

I thought the first one was harsh for a booking but it was a definite foul. I thought Vigurs was lucky not to be booked earlier than he was but he did get booked eventually. I think the referee's "bitty" performance can be summed up with a couple of incidents. The disallowed County goal where he let play go on despite being the only man in the ground who couldn't see Harkins being fouled in the build up and then fortunately it proved to be offside anyway. And the incident where Andy Stirling clearly pulled back an opponent pretty much right in front of the ref to get clear bearing down on goal and he waved play on only to pull it back a a few moments later when the assistant from across the pitch 50 odd yards away flagged to indicate there had been a pull.

There were other fairly obvious fouls allowed to go all day and one incident in the first half where Harkins clearly fouled a County player and was as surprised as anyone to be awarded the free kick instead! It wasn't consistent at all but none of it was crucial to anything much.

48 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Dear oh dear, someone got out of bed on the wrong side. :lol:

The individual who did live updates and away match reports last season has left the club as he's now working elsewhere on match days (though he still writes parts of the programe). It's a voluntary position and nobody else has come forward to do it since. It's not difficult to get live updates elsewhere if you want them. Sky Sports App runs them. So do the BBC. I managed perfectly well to find out what was happening following those when I couldn't make it to Falkirk or Stenhousemuir. I wasn't at Motherwell either but used their online match commentary stream to follow that one.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We'd won our last three games, courtesy of a wildly free scoring frontline.  We entered today's game with the prospect of going top if we won and ICT didn't.  

£18 to get in! Go figure.

Just now, Arsene Parcelly said:

£18 to get in! Go figure.

What do you suggest?

Should we charge much less than the teams around us?  Would that enable us to still run a full time operation? 

Say we only charged £15?  Would that result in a sufficient increase in the gate to offset that immediate loss?   Our prices were frozen at £16 for several seasons, the division's lowest.  There's been a small increase this season, while under 16s still get in ridiculously cheaply.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what we should do differently in terms of pricing, in order to boost gates.

That's my attempt to go figure.

I reckon we got about 400 additional home supporters at the Ayr match that we certainly didn’t expect. Having bothered to turn up and witness what was a quite exceptional performance at this level, and then decide not to go to either of the next two games (especially the RC match) is really difficult to explain. It would have not been wildly optimistic to see a crowd of c. 1750 yesterday but 1500 was frankly pitiful given the efforts of the players in recent weeks.

4 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Worst performance of the season for us.

Draper was class as a makeshift centre back though.

Getting a bit fed up of this kind of comment. Agreed, your big centre back for me was your best player.

It was your worst performance because you thought if you kept Dobbie quiet then we were a one man team. Just as Ayr did.

then you actually found that our midfield work there socks off to close down and stop your midfield playing.

then you found out that our centre backs would stand up and give your usually robust forward line a bit of a physical battering. Meaning they disappeared out wide and became non existent. 

So overall you didn’t play your usual game because we set up and have the players to stop you doing what you do.

Contrary to all the preseason bollocks about Queens being in the bottom 2 or 3 we have a very good exciting team

just a pity no very many supporters have got the message yet.

£18 to watch this team is a bargain FFS man !!!

6 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Getting a bit fed up of this kind of comment. Agreed, your big centre back for me was your best player.

It was your worst performance because you thought if you kept Dobbie quiet then we were a one man team. Just as Ayr did.

then you actually found that our midfield work there socks off to close down and stop your midfield playing.

then you found out that our centre backs would stand up and give your usually robust forward line a bit of a physical battering. Meaning they disappeared out wide and became non existent. 

So overall you didn’t play your usual game because we set up and have the players to stop you doing what you do.

Contrary to all the preseason bollocks about Queens being in the bottom 2 or 3 we have a very good exciting team

just a pity no very many supporters have got the message yet.

£18 to watch this team is a bargain FFS man !!!

Maybe, but maybe we just played a bit gash for a game, it happens sometimes. For Cowie and Vigurs to both be off the creative boil is unfortunate. 

5 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Maybe, but maybe we just played a bit gash for a game, it happens sometimes. For Cowie and Vigurs to both be off the creative boil is unfortunate. 

Or maybe we just dealt with them, as you largely dealt with Dobbie (excepting one shot off the bar). Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition and accept it was just a right good contest.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Or maybe we just dealt with them, as you largely dealt with Dobbie (excepting one shot off the bar). Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition and accept it was just a right good contest.

Sure, i wasn't at the match so have been reading this thread to gather the opinions of those who were there. It seems that quite a lot of credit has quite rightly been given to both defences. 

Just thought SueSue was going off on one a bit for a county supporter, who was there, suggesting that we had put in our worst performance of the season. 

Archived