Queens v Ross County

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Can we play it in Stirling anyway?

Recommendations for parking, grub and a pint near enough to Palmerston would be appreciated.

Plenty of parking at or near the ground.  Ice Bowl car park behind the East Stand where away fans are seated,  Arena car park behind the main stand plus sensible on-street parking,  and its all FREE.  Parking on Dumfries side of the Buccleuch Bridge is free but probably only 2 hours max stay. Plenty of pubs about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the ground.  Cavens Arms gets a good report for food, head into town  just over the bridge in Buccleuch St.  Robert the Bruce(Weatherspoons)  at the far end of Buccleuch Street.  The Spread Eagle,  The Globe and Salutation are nearest the ground without going over the bridge into town, but don't think foods an option.  There's also the bar in the Main Stand at the ground which I think is open to visiting fans.  For those wanting some non-alcoholic refreshments there's a cafe in the Arena complex behind the Main Stand.  

4 hours ago, JessieField said:

"Only time I went to Dumfries was in the Scottish Cup as a Highland league side winning 6-2 on a Monday night."

There's been long held rumours among certain Queens fans,  the result financially benefitted a certain Queens player at the bookies. Of course, we'll never know the truth.

Yes  he  made sure of that one .

Very tough game in prospect. Our Defence will be our Achilles heel this season. Second half today an absolute shambles.

Hang on I was getting pilloried for saying this just a week or so ago. I thought everyone was saying our defensive frailties were all in my imagination?

12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Dobbie should be up front for Scotland tonight and I'm not even kidding.

For competitive games if you want to pick players on form then why not?! He would've had a(nother) hattrick tonight

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:16, Poet of the Macabre said:

20 goals in 11 games is absolutely ridiculous. If that happened on Football Manager then I'd be annoyed at something so unrealistic.

Dobbie should be up front for Scotland tonight and I'm not even kidding.

Yes we know but he only wants to play for Queens. ^_^

I notice there's no cash gate available.
Is the ticket booth around at the Main Stand?
Aye. Similar to County, buy your ticket at the window then take it to the turnstyle.

Well the last time I was up there that's what you were doing anyway.

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

There are (usually) three ticket offices selling tickets on a match day. One in the QoS Arena, and two behind the BDS Group Stand where you will be, one at the home end and one at the away end. When the away ticket office is open it's about 10 yards from your turnstile.

However, given that County have advised us there is no organised bus from Dingwall and that support is expected to be low, we're not opening the Away one on Saturday. The one at the home end of the BDS Stand will be open though. Away fans can use either ticket office, though the one behind the BDS Stand is much nearer where they need to be to enter. It will be the length of the stand from where your turnstiles are so about 80 yards maybe.

Aye. Similar to County, buy your ticket at the window then take it to the turnstyle.

Well the last time I was up there that's what you were doing anyway.

There’s also a ticket office at the rear of the new stand where away fans are seated.

What's the best pub before the match to get a bite to eat and watch the early kick off? 
Our train gets in from Glasgow just before midday.
Cavens. Top grub and the football should be on. Theres also the Granary it does both .

9 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
29 minutes ago, staggy4life said:
What's the best pub before the match to get a bite to eat and watch the early kick off? 
Our train gets in from Glasgow just before midday.

Cavens. Top grub and the football should be on. Theres also the Granary it does both .

Does Cavens now have Sky / BT? Didnt used to have it.

Archived