Queens v Ross County

41 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Whoever is in charge of the Queens Twitter account should hang his/her head in shame, every week the updates are non existent.

Always nice to get constructive criticism <_<

Honestly? You're lucky to get any updates at all since the person who did it before left. There wont be any for the next two games and if people are going to complain about a lack of updates during a 0-0 theres a good chance there wont be any after that either

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I thought that was pretty enjoyable for 0-0.

The first half was our better one.  We got deep in the second half and County got on top, without ever coming terribly close.

In terms of sights of goal we maybe just shaded it, but overall, a draw was about right.

This. We played some nice football going forward but County were far better at the back than anyone else we've faced. Defensively we looked pretty solid, I dont recall Martin making any save of note - BBC stats have Count with 0 shots on target.

Special mention to McLean though, absolutely awful. Vigours was booked for a deliberate block second half, after getting away with an almost identical block first half. Jacobs is booked for his first tackle then several County players get warnings. Dykes managed to give away a foul while being hauled to the ground and Stirling was punched in the face without even a booking :rolleyes: Didnt effect the result but so poor from one of Scotlands, supposed, top refs

I thought that was pretty enjoyable for 0-0.
The first half was our better one.  We got deep in the second half and County got on top, without ever coming terribly close.
In terms of sights of goal we maybe just shaded it, but overall, a draw was about right.

I can’t really add much to that. With both teams matching each other all over the park we were hoping for a moment of magic from Dobbie to steal it but it didn’t come. He was well marshalled all game.

I wish we’d brought Frizzell on 10 minutes earlier, he livened things up when we’d gone a bit flat.

Doyle, Stirling and Dykes were the best for us. As mentioned Dobbie had a quiet game and Harkins’ performance was a mixed bag with some lovely moments intertwined with some really slack play.

We have a pretty capable team but Jacobs and Mercer are obvious weaknesses if we are looking to improve on last season. Jacobs negates all the good work he does winning the ball by constantly giving it away. Mercer hasn’t improved enough in his time with us to suggest he’ll get much better.

I can’t really add much to that. With both teams matching each other all over the park we were hoping for a moment of magic from Dobbie to steal it but it didn’t come. He was well marshalled all game.

I wish we’d brought Frizzell on 10 minutes earlier, he livened things up when we’d gone a bit flat.

Doyle, Stirling and Dykes were the best for us. As mentioned Dobbie had a quiet game and Harkins’ performance was a mixed bag with some lovely moments intertwined with some really slack play.

We have a pretty capable team but Jacobs and Mercer are obvious weaknesses if we are looking to improve on last season. Jacobs negates all the good work he does winning the ball by constantly giving it away. Mercer hasn’t improved enough in his time with us to suggest he’ll get much better.

Jacobs an obvious weakness , you must be joking , he is the best ratter in the league and we would have lost a lot more games if we didn’t have him

14 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Ooft. Thats harsh, very harsh

The Semple and Doyle partnership is working a treat and Todd being played in the middle has improved our game a hell of a lot. 

Special mention to GN for his ability to bring out the best in Dykes. Looking at last season I'd never have guessed that Lyndon had that in him. I really believe that he'll keep improving as well. 

Decent game draw probable about right .

We had the better chances in the 1st half Dobbie hit the bar and Dykes had 2 good efforts but that is Dykes only fault he just does not score enough goals .

Frizzell should have been on with at least 20 mins to go his pace was causing them problems he was allmost in at the end County lucky that the ball hit a defender .

I suppose it is a decent point you can see why County are fav. for the league they have a very good squad 

Like everyone else basically I enjoyed that. Good entertaining contest without much in the way of goalmouth action. Comfortably the best team we have played so far but we matched them and for me shaded it. Dykes was twice one on one on Fox first half albeit from a tight angle and close range and Fox made two good blocks. Dobbie hit the bar, and right at the end Jacobs half volley would be a goal either side of where he hit it. Martin had nothing to do.

Michael Doyle was immense and Callum Semple not far behind him. Really impressed with our defending today.

Always nice to get constructive criticism <_> Honestly? You're lucky to get any updates at all since the person who did it before left. There wont be any for the next two games and if people are going to complain about a lack of updates during a 0-0 theres a good chance there wont be any after that either
The updates are appreciated trust me.

Ooft. Thats harsh, very harsh

It probably is, every good team needs a player like that. He’s had two poor performances in a row which have pissed me off though. We’ve a team full of players capable of some lovely one-touch play and moving the ball about quickly. As soon as it comes to him (or Mercer) the move breaks down and we lose possession. He gives away too many daft free-kicks around the box as well.

I appreciate the work Jacobs does, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a midfielder that can make tackles AND pass the ball 10 yards.

41 minutes ago, ChopperD said:

Jacobs an obvious weakness , you must be joking , he is the best ratter in the league and we would have lost a lot more games if we didn’t have him

Apart from one aberation near the end of the first half,Jacobs was brilliant today.Stirling,Doyle,Semple also having good games.Todd also,only because you never noticed he was there,going about his business.Remember...some of the best performances aren't always noticed.

It probably is, every good team needs a player like that. He’s had two poor performances in a row which have pissed me off though. We’ve a team full of players capable of some lovely one-touch play and moving the ball about quickly. As soon as it comes to him (or Mercer) the move breaks down and we lose possession. He gives away too many daft free-kicks around the box as well.

I appreciate the work Jacobs does, but I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a midfielder that can make tackles AND pass the ball 10 yards.
Mercer has had at least half dozen or more assists since start of season. Jacobs does do a lot of the essential leg work and chasing shadows so i can forgive him for perhaps giving ball away a little often.

Encouraging that we can go toe-to-toe with County and get a draw without relying on our front four. It's understandable why Naysmith was unwilling to make a change in such a tight game but Frizzell has shown he's more than capable and going forward we might be more confident making a sub to avoid a second half slump.

54 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

He has?

Not sure which Mercer you're watching 

Archived