Queens v Ross County

Another hard game as they all are in the Championship .

Ross County have a very good squad  that will finish in the Top 4.

If we play anything like we did in the 2nd half against  Crusaders then we will lose the game hopefully we can reach the level we played at in the Ayr game maybe our shocking 2 nd half against Crusaders  will show the players that you have to work hard all the time not just when you have the ball

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can the brian graham express reach Dumfries?

Think we can sneak a win but with Stephen Dobbie and Brian Graham scoring four goals each in recent games this screams 0-0 snoozefest.

Can't wait for this.

The last time we were at Dumfries was the last game of the 34 unbeaten title winning season where we won 5-3. Kurtis Byrne scored from the halfway line in stoppage time and celebrated with the fans who were dressed as sheep after doing a conga in the home end!:lol:

More of the same please.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dobbie in action again.  I must have watched him score in Dingwall in the 08-09 season but, weirdly, I remember that Queen of the South team more for having Neil MacFarlane in centre mid than I do having Dobbie up front.

County's centre-backs are good but not completely convincing.  I'd want to see Draper as the predominantly sitting midfielder if he, Vigurs and Cowie are all going to play, but it's Vigurs who squeezes himself into the deep areas to make the play.  I want to see Draper there because I think he would deal well with Lyndon Dykes, who reminds me a bit of Jackson Irvine in the way he drives forward and commits players.  I don't think Vigurs has the engine to repeatedly deal with Dykes playing off Dobbie but the management will know that.

Maybe Jamie Lindsay for the midfield somewhere?  He's scored in the last two matches and has played very well through the start of the season, but he has some quality players ahead of him.

I've seen Harkins have as many mediocre performances against County as good ones in the last 5-6 years, but when he turns it on he's brilliant.

County's confidence will be pretty good at the moment.  Even in lower scoring games they've continually made chances.  Should be a good game.

10 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Can't wait for this.

The last time we were at Dumfries was the last game of the 34 unbeaten title winning season where we won 5-3. Kurtis Byrne scored from the halfway line in stoppage time and celebrated with the fans who were dressed as sheep after doing a conga in the home end!:lol:

More of the same please.

I seem to recall getting up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus for a cup game we lost 7-4.  

I also remember that 5-3 game for the Queens keeper going on a run to the half way line for no apparent reason, then thumping the ball straight to the County keeper.

11 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Can't wait for this.

More of the same please.

I missed that one for some reason, but I'm pretty sure that was the first game after Gus Macpherson left and Allan Johnston was put in caretaker charge.  After a turgid season offering very little excitement and a sense of doom from about September onwards I think most people enjoyed that game despite the defeat.  With relegation confirmed the shackles were off, and it offered us some hope that a happier time may be ahead with AJ at the realm, playing attacking football.  Thankfully that's exactly how it turned out.

35 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I seem to recall getting up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus for a cup game we lost 7-4.  

I also remember that 5-3 game for the Queens keeper going on a run to the half way line for no apparent reason, then thumping the ball straight to the County keeper.

Lee Robinson doing Lee Robinson things.  I'm pretty sure I saw on Twitter he was at it again a few weeks ago for Dunfermline. 

Our current goalkeeper looks like he'd be knackered running to the 18 yard line so I don't think you'll be seeing a repeat on Saturday.

Brian Graham is a player I've never rated, which is very strange considering he scores goal. I fully expect he'll do the same on Saturday now as well.

This game has the potential to be a cracker. The second half yesterday brings us down to life a wee bit after two superb performances before. Play like those two games and I'm confident we'll win. Play like the 2nd half yesterday and we could be in serious bother. The first goal could be crucial.

We lost 7-4 to Berwick Rangers in the Scottish Cup not Queens.

Only time I went to Dumfries was in the Scottish Cup as a Highland league side winning 6-2 on a Monday night.

58 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

20 goals in 11 games is absolutely ridiculous. If that happened on Football Manager then I'd be annoyed at something so unrealistic.

Dobbie should be up front for Scotland tonight and I'm not even kidding.

Dobbie has never been any good at the headless chicken, chasing shadows and lost causes without a teammate in the same postcode role, though.

"Only time I went to Dumfries was in the Scottish Cup as a Highland league side winning 6-2 on a Monday night."

There's been long held rumours among certain Queens fans,  the result financially benefitted a certain Queens player at the bookies. Of course, we'll never know the truth.

Archived