8TH. SEPT. SCORES+ GOALS AS THEY GO IN.

happy

How’s the Ford player that had to go off injured, looked a bad one?
I think he's ok, he went to hospital. Here's what was posted on our Facebook page by one of his relatives last night:

"Jack Whittaker won’t forget game on his 21st Birthday- [emoji512] Assist for first goal in opening minutes -head clash unconscious -A&E rest of afternoon-did manage dinner with family missed rest of nite planned in Glasgow as stayed Home"

Thanks for asking.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another interesting game at Blair Park today (well yesterday, now). Cambuslang arrived on a good run, but an early Ross Robertson header gave the Ford a cracking start. Camby threatened and Ford looked dangerous, but then a denied penalty claim for the visitors followed by two clinical finishes by the​ hosts turned a close game into a 3-0 HT lead that flattered.

The second half was mainly Hurlford and they ran out comfortable winners in the end, but Cambuslang are not also rans at this level and will win more points than they drop IMHO.

Thanks to their committee, coaches and players who were a pleasure to talk to. In particular, the Camby coach who won our hidden team and handed half his prize back to our club funds [emoji122][emoji122]

Really looking forward to the return match.

Fair comment,plus a good wee crowd there

1st 20 mins or so cost us dearly,dominated game after that.
Buffs had no shape to the team until going down 2-0 Beith out played buffs first 30 minutes untill buffs went to a back 4 with fleming in the midfield buffs should have won had enough position and chances too.

Buffs had no shape to the team until going down 2-0 Beith out played buffs first 30 minutes untill buffs went to a back 4 with fleming in the midfield buffs should have won had enough position and chances too.

Totally agree,Fleming was wasted at the back and we missed his drive in the midfield.hopefully boylan and Pettigrew back 4 Talbot game.

Totally agree,Fleming was wasted at the back and we missed his drive in the midfield.hopefully boylan and Pettigrew back 4 Talbot game.
I don't think boylan is an automatic pick next week young curragh kept the Beith defence busy plus linking up well with those around him .

I was at the Wishaw - Glasgow Perthshire game, wasn’t a great game to watch but it was pretty even.  Probably say Glasgow were the better team, number 10 the stand out.  

2-2 with 10 minutes to go and out of nowhere the Glasgow forward goes in for a horrific challenge! It Wasn’t even a dirty game. Straight Red. In amongst the aftermath the Glasgow number 5 drops a Wishaw player, looked like an elbow.  Wishaw boy folds like an accordion. THATS when the Wishaw manager took acception and came onto the park. 

Nothing more than arguments and handbags after that. For some stupid reason the Wishaw manager decides to walk ALL THE WAY round the park to confront the big number 5 at the changing rooms. THATS when the referee called the game off.

Extremely poor judgement from the Wishaw manager in my opinion. Glasgow down to 9 men.  Great opportunity to go on and win the game.  

The injured Wishaw player was stretchered off the park. If the referee has reported that the game was abandoned for an injury then he has, for lack of a better phrase, SHAT IT. 

Of course a win makes a difference to way you see it - but I thought it was a good game of football. You tried to play it on the deck. Didn't create too many chances but that was because we worked hard. 

It was good end to end stuff until the sending off. A crazy tackle having seen the footage now. Going down to ten and having already loat the lad up front, it allowed Bakies to take the upper hand and ran out deserved winners.

I was at the Wishaw - Glasgow Perthshire game, wasn’t a great game to watch but it was pretty even.  Probably say Glasgow were the better team, number 10 the stand out.  
 2-2 with 10 minutes to go and out of nowhere the Glasgow forward goes in for a horrific challenge! It Wasn’t even a dirty game. Straight Red. In amongst the aftermath the Glasgow number 5 drops a Wishaw player, looked like an elbow.  Wishaw boy folds like an accordion. THATS when the Wishaw manager took acception and came onto the park. 
Nothing more than arguments and handbags after that. For some stupid reason the Wishaw manager decides to walk ALL THE WAY round the park to confront the big number 5 at the changing rooms. THATS when the referee called the game off.
Extremely poor judgement from the Wishaw manager in my opinion. Glasgow down to 9 men.  Great opportunity to go on and win the game.  
The injured Wishaw player was stretchered off the park. If the referee has reported that the game was abandoned for an injury then he has, for lack of a better phrase, SHAT IT. 

The wishaw manager got sent off that's why he walked round the park

I’m pretty sure the Wishaw manager walked all the way round because he was sent off!

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
8 minutes ago, DannyBooner said:
I know he was sent off.  He still shouldn’t have walked to the changing rooms, EXTREMELY poor judgement.  

That's what he has to do when he's sent off !

Not for me, he should have sat behind the dugout until the final whistle. The game could have continued. That’s whats wrong with the junior game,  no one uses their initiative. Stuck in the Stone Age. 

Not for me, he should have sat behind the dugout until the final whistle. The game could have continued. That’s whats wrong with the junior game,  no one uses their initiative. Stuck in the Stone Age. 
He's not allowed to do that !

17 minutes ago, glensmad said:
17 minutes ago, DannyBooner said:

He’s a grown man mate, he can make his own decisions. 

I know he was sent off.  He still shouldn’t have walked to the changing rooms, EXTREMELY poor judgement.  

That's what he has to do when he's sent off !

He’s a grown man mate, he can make his own decisions. 

Lol, no he can't if he's sent off !

Just imagine that conversation

‘Right mr manager you’ve been sent off’

‘No I’m not, I’m a grown man and can do what I want’

[emoji23]

IMG_0475.jpg

Archived