Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

705 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Jim Murphy ...

He is the epitome of a pathetic thirsty c**t desperate for attention. The perfect fit for OTB, imo. Loud, opinionated and a massive fucking arsehole.

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

Imagine getting this annoyed about someone who is more intelligent and better informed than you, all the time sounding like an arrogant p***k. Quite the double there, you should be proud of making yourself look so fucking dense.

Not annoyed, just find your defence of Leitch funny against actual evidence of how shite hes been.

As for the intelligence and better informed line, utterly pointless, (suggesting that as if no one can therefore criticise politicians or members of government haha) Unless you wish to admit that for example Tory health ministers are much more intelligent and better informed than you? Happy to admit that? 

I presume you are talking about the dentist above ? Haha hes out his depth dealing with a crisis in which an epidemiology background may have been more appropriate no? 

Leitch , a man who recently claimed Scotland was the covid capital of Europe because he handled it so well earlier on 😄

The fury with which you defend him is very funny. Its almost like you are one of those idiots who sees no fault in anything the Scottish Government does , now that is laughable in the extreme 😆

Edited by afc_blockhead

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

As for the intelligence and better informed line, utterly pointless...

:lol:

What a fucking tool you are!

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I seem to have stumbled into the politics forum/Covid thread by mistake.

The debate is pointless. "Dentist" patter is about as cringe the "wee nippy" stuff. 

Person who would refuse to admit the Gov handled something well critising someone for not admitting they did something badly. Sigh. 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

He is the epitome of a pathetic thirsty c**t desperate for attention. The perfect fit for OTB, imo. Loud, opinionated and a massive fucking arsehole.

Have you ever had the opportunity to be invited on?

I listened to both episodes this wèekend.  Ross did come accross well on Saturday.  There's not a fucking hope in hell that I'd ever vote for him.  I could listen to him for 1000 years and not vote for the Conservative and Fucking Unionist Party.  

Doesn't change the fact that he was quite funny and self deprecating.  

Agreed - I thought he was a good listen on the show mainly due to taking a bit of a slagging and joining in. That won’t stop me booing his next call at Saints whether it’s right or wrong though and I won’t be voting for him or his party. I thought the discussion was less politically charged and more linesman, or whatever ridiculous pimped up title he gives himself, orientated.

59 minutes ago, sophia said:

Have you ever had the opportunity to be invited on?

No, yet interestingly the coward that refers to himself as Tam Cowan would rather berate his detractors on his nationally broadcast radio show. Not only does that allow him to do so unchallenged, it's also because he knows anyone pulling him up about his "normalising Rolf Harris" or "Bernard Manning was just misunderstood" 'yer da' patter would get ripped right into him - and rightly so.

I should point out that while he's had a wee nibble at me, @DA Baracus has had far more ire aimed at him. Same situation, btw, Cowan will happily slag people off from the safety of a security patrolled BBC office but not debate with them directly.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has Cowan did this again or is Ric just raging at something that happened ages upon ages ago?

Just answering Sophia's question.

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing, Pavlov was clearly correct.

In the way I launch myself towards the radio to turn it off when the words "and now, time for Thought for the Day" are said, I have the same automatic reaction the the word "Greeeetings...."

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Why was there no Off The Ball yesterday at lunchtime ?

Also, Cowan and Cosgrove are missing from today's Show.

Will be missed.

"Good",  "good" and "not in the fucking slightest" are the answers you are looking for.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Was only looking for one answer, but thanks for the three.

Shull, you should know that you are worth that extra effort.. ;)