Buddist Monk

Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

696 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Tell @Jacksgranda that.

Well I mean that's your problem there, as JG clearly comes across as a young poster easily swayed by clique peer pressure.

On 26/05/2021 at 13:54, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Incidentally with St Johnstone now having won three trophies in living memory Stuart cosgrove should really retire and make way for someone from a more long-suffering and exasperated, group of supporters

Cosgrove was 42 when he started, worked as a controller at C4 and somewhat obsessed with black American music of his teenage years

so ideally we're looking for a Dundee fan born around 1979, with a good job in media and willing to bore people  rigid about Tupac and Biggie

Simon Ferry it is then.

Simon Ferry it is then.

Sorted
Tam Cowan on the other hand was a 25 year old from Lanarkshire with no discernible talent and an unhealthy fascination with shit music from before he was born

So we need an idiot from Belshill born in 1996 with a keen appreciation of the work of Stock Aitken and Waterman, Black Lace and Mr Blobby

On 29/05/2021 at 09:33, Spring Onion said:

Expect to hear something about......

1. Englebert fecking Humperdinct.

2. Tony Shitty Christie

3. Fish and chips.

4. Motherwells cup win.

5. Bullseye.

6. Tommy Ring.

7. Scotland v. Brazil in Paris.

I don’t mind OTB, would go as far as saying I enjoy it, but every time they bring on Jason Leitch to kiss his arse and listen to his shite I turn it off. Have stopped bothering at all recently as he’s got a weekly slot on it.

I am listening to a show from 2 weeks ago, they are playing the Stone Roses.  That took a turn.

35 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am listening to a show from 2 weeks ago, they are playing the Stone Roses.  That took a turn.

I wonder what Leitch makes of Ian Brown's anti-vaxx opinions.

My favourite was a few months ago when Stuart asked Leitch how it felt to have been right about everything all along, or something along those lines.

I choose to believe it was some next level shade but I doubt it 

23 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ray Bradshaw making a very pleasant difference to the show today.

Today as well.

I really like him in place of Tam Cowan. He works well with Stuart Cosgrove I think. He gives a contemporary view of things whilst Cosgrove can give a more historical point of view.

Would like if he was a permanent replacement.

Frank McAvennie saying Fergie dropped Souness for the Uruguay match because Fergie wanted the Rangers job.
Very ill informed

9 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Frank McAvennie saying Fergie dropped Souness for the Uruguay match because Fergie wanted the Rangers job.
Very ill informed

I think one watch of the recent Ferguson documentary would very quickly dispel that nonsense. It's very clear that he's still quite angry with their bigotry and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them ever since.

Typical old firm bubble pish from McAvennie there.

Genuine question would Frank McAvennie be anywhere near 'relevant' as he is if it wasn't for Only An Excuse lampooning him to the point of a dead horse?

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Genuine question would Frank McAvennie be anywhere near 'relevant' as he is if it wasn't for Only An Excuse lampooning him to the point of a dead horse?

He did come out with a good line about playing a song for the ill Tam:

"If it's serious how about 'Going Underground'?"

I am listening to the weekend’s OTB, they are talking up Gilmour just as I am reading the news, it’s like a boot in the baws. 

I am a cretin who is pettier and more ill informed than Tam and Stuart. Edited accordingly 

Edited by RosspCfc