Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Cosgrove then piped up with a mention of Annan.  Unsurprisingly in a place the size of Annan, the railway station isn't far from the ground at all.

Tam Cowan later referred to the famous photos of Pele training at Troon Juniors' ground.  He said that Pele wasn't yet a superstar at the time, even though he'd already won 2 World Cups by then. 

They're just a pair of stupid auld blethers.   Neither is actually old enough for that to inspire affection.

Missed that bit about Annan! As you say, Annan has a station!

I bet Tam Cowan could go in depth about Rangers and Celtic over the years though...

Peterhead is (much) further away from a train station than Forfar is.
Where do they get this stuff? That's a really easy one to check. It's about a 15 minute bus ride from Montrose train station. Peterhead is a windy almost 1 hour bus ride from Aberdeen (about 35/40 minutes in a car).

I would have thought Peterhead might be closer to Inverurie or Huntly tbqhwy.

Inverurie definitely.

• 2 weeks later...

They've taken the ill-informed stuff to a new level with their topic on who should get the 12000 or so Hampden tickets for the Euros. These tickets were sold by UEFA a few years ago and the number of tickets available will depend on the number of those tickets returned but not likely to be many (if any) left for the SFA.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They've taken the ill-informed stuff to a new level with their topic on who should get the 12000 or so Hampden tickets for the Euros. These tickets were sold by UEFA a few years ago and the number of tickets available will depend on the number of those tickets returned but not likely to be many (if any) left for the SFA.

Heard Tam Cowan suggest that St Johnstone fans and Sevco fans should get some for 'missing out' on their league cup and league wins respectively.

I have just listened to Sunday’s show and Tony Watt is brilliant on it. I have totally changed my opinion of him after listening. He started by saying that he is trying to improve the way that talks and his interaction with people, and absolute credit to him for saying that. But his absolute star turn was when the show came back from a music break and Stuart Cosgrove said that Tony Watt had been having a go at them for now going softly on anything to do with Celtic or Rangers. Of course the two of them denied that, and said that they had to watch what they said because of social media. Tam really threw the toys out of the pram and had a real go at basically how shite Tony Watt’s career had turned out, although I know that he will say he was having a laugh. He wasn’t. And that was telling about 15/20 minutes later when Tony Watt, who had obviously seen the pair’s reaction close up in the studio, said that what he had said had affected Cowan and Cosgrove, which they just glossed over. Well done to Tony Watt.

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have just listened to Sunday’s show and Tony Watt is brilliant on it. I have totally changed my opinion of him after listening. He started by saying that he is trying to improve the way that talks and his interaction with people, and absolute credit to him for saying that. But his absolute star turn was when the show came back from a music break and Stuart Cosgrove said that Tony Watt had been having a go at them for now going softly on anything to do with Celtic or Rangers. Of course the two of them denied that, and said that they had to watch what they said because of social media. Tam really threw the toys out of the pram and had a real go at basically how shite Tony Watt’s career had turned out, although I know that he will say he was having a laugh. He wasn’t. And that was telling about 15/20 minutes later when Tony Watt, who had obviously seen the pair’s reaction close up in the studio, said that what he had said had affected Cowan and Cosgrove, which they just glossed over. Well done to Tony Watt.

I had a listen (well I made liberal use of the skip forward function) to Sunday's show after @YassinMoutaouakil's reveal about Watt having mentioned Alexander being vegan and cards on the table, it's the first time I've actually listened since the 90s and the show itself is genuinely unlistenable but Tony's great value. In his time so far at Motherwell he couldn't be further from his stereotype. 

That said, in my mind Tony Watt just blurting out "Why are you vegan?" to his new manager is a very funny exchange in my head.

He was on Danny Denholm's Lower League Ramblings last summer and was really good.

Honestly delighted he's signed up on a new deal as at points this season he's pretty much the only player who's looked like he's given a f**k.

Edited by capt_oats