Jump to content
Buddist Monk

Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

658 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Fair play to Tam for mentioning Steve Austin versus the Sasquatch...

Rerun_Bionic_Man_vs_Bigfoot_Thumbnail.wi

The big man is staring at me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Has there ever been a player from the Congo in Scottish football?"

Killie have four in their current squad!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Fair play to Tam for mentioning Steve Austin versus the Sasquatch...

Rerun_Bionic_Man_vs_Bigfoot_Thumbnail.wi

turned out to be a robot if I recall correctly (should have added a SPOILER alert :))

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 13:33, Lurkst said:
"Has there ever been a player from the Congo in Scottish football?"
Killie have four in their current squad!

Going by Wikipedia from the DR Congo, there's the three in the current Killie squad and Dikamona from regular Congo. They previously had Michel Ngonge from DR Congo in 2001-02, there was also Calvin Zola at Aberdeen, Yves Makalambay at Hibs, Andrea Mutombo at Caley Thistle and Partick and Delphin Tshiembe at Hamilton, who have also had a players from regular Congo - David Louhoungou.  That's just the SPL/Premiership, there could well have been some in the lower leagues.

I'm surprised the question was even asked, even by Off The Ball standards.  Mulumbu was a big player in Steve Clarke's Killie team and Makalambay was pretty prominent for Hibs in the late 2000s (but not always for the right reasons!).  I remember Zola as well.

Edited by Highland Capital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the reasons I don't listen to the programme. If it's not some outdated (and in some cases, seriously Saville'd) "yer da" telly or music, it's the sheer ineptitude of a show that claims to represent Scottish football while knowing next to f**k all except the tired old Old Firm tropes.

The whole "petty and ill-informed" was irreverent when it first started, now (especially with the ease just about any fact is found in seconds on the Internet) it just comes across as amateurish and ignorant, as if they just don't care about the subject so long as the BBC fling them a couple of hundred a week for sitting in a studio repeating the same show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tam Cowan can reel off detailed information about Celtic and Rangers but struggles with the most basic of information about pretty much every single other club in Scotland (save Motherwell).

He still thinks that only Celtic fans despise Sevco and only Sevco fans despise Celtic, as is highlighted each time he says "I wonder who they support?!" whenever some bit of slagging or patter is said against them.

It's because he views all of Scottish football through the 'Old Firm' filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Tam Cowan smells like Skol lager.

What about his towel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
What about his towel?

Smegma and semen.

And there it is, the worst post in the history of this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric said:

One of the reasons I don't listen to the programme. If it's not some outdated (and in some cases, seriously Saville'd) "yer da" telly or music, it's the sheer ineptitude of a show that claims to represent Scottish football while knowing next to f**k all except the tired old Old Firm tropes.

The whole "petty and ill-informed" was irreverent when it first started, now (especially with the ease just about any fact is found in seconds on the Internet) it just comes across as amateurish and ignorant, as if they just don't care about the subject so long as the BBC fling them a couple of hundred a week for sitting in a studio repeating the same show.

It was slightly better when St Johnstone were in the Championship because Stuart would be in the know about his team's rivals in that division.

The way things are going for Well at the moment Tam might have to brush up his knowledge on Ayr and Dundee next season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Tam Cowan can reel off detailed information about Celtic and Rangers but struggles with the most basic of information about pretty much every single other club in Scotland (save Motherwell).

He still thinks that only Celtic fans despise Sevco and only Sevco fans despise Celtic, as is highlighted each time he says "I wonder who they support?!" whenever some bit of slagging or patter is said against them.

It's because he views all of Scottish football through the 'Old Firm' filter.

Alternatively, it's possibly because he's one of those 'Weegies' that has never seen beyond Airdrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowan's been having Trill for breakfast again, Cosgrove's told us he lives in Dennistoun again.

Poor Cat Shearer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 13:47, KingRocketman II said:

turned out to be a robot if I recall correctly (should have added a SPOILER alert :))

 

 

 

No, he was rebuilt after an accident, using bionics.

 

 

You mean the other one don't you?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spalding said:

Today's guest - Alun biscuits Prestun

How original

 

He had some mental takes on who would be the next Celtic manager.

Rafa Benitez wouldn't take it because Celtic couldn't afford him. Not that he wouldn't be interested.

Roberto Martinez probably wouldn't take it because he would probably rather stick with Belgium. No other reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were looking for a suitable song for Livingston.

The Fast Food Song by Fast Food Rockers comes to mind.

Because McDonald's, KFC and Pizza Hut are all franchises too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He had some mental takes on who would be the next Celtic manager.

Rafa Benitez wouldn't take it because Celtic couldn't afford him. Not that he wouldn't be interested.

Roberto Martinez probably wouldn't take it because he would probably rather stick with Belgium. No other reason.

just came across as a typical uninformed Sportsound pundit.

And Tam and Stuart, who are continually having a go at journalists/media for waltzing into games for free with an aggravated sense of entitlement - and not even making a token gesture to help clubs with even a donation towards the gate - let him off very quickly when he questioned why he should "have to pay to get into my work?". aye, Biscuits, if you had a line manager like any other employee you appear to be comparing yourself to, you would have been on a performance improvement plan years ago and would very likely have gotten your jotters shortly afterwards......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...