Buddist Monk

Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

629 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Bare-from-the-waist-up (or down depending on the weather) DA Baracus vs The REAL Tam Cowan pagga.

1 December, McDiarmid Park Perth,  3pm punch off.

£15 on Sky (exclusive for those the ML postcode, free to view for anyone else)

A Tuesday afternoon? Are you mad? 

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Bare-from-the-waist-up (or down depending on the weather) DA Baracus vs The REAL Tam Cowan pagga.

Reach will be important as it will have to be socially distanced

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, I'm not trying to wind him up or anything like that.

I've emailed in with my real name plenty of times, so it wouldn't be difficult to work out who I am if he reads all the correspondence like he says.

However if it makes any difference (and it doesn't) I can provide my name to Mr Cowan should he wish.

P.S. How can say "unlike certain proper shitebags I know" but then claim not to know my real name?

P.P.S. I hope Tam enjoyed the game on Saturday.

If he offers a face to face, remember to wear a full face mask and visor combo to protect from the tears and snotters. 

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Do you have any enemies you'd like to set up DA?  If so, just change your profile handle to their name, and sit back and watch as Tam Cowan turns up on their doorstep to administer a ferocious beating.

Plot twist: I AM Tam Cowan!*

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'l look out the Rocky IV soundtrack for my training montages. I'll just about the top of the Law shouting "COWAN!".

4 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

If he offers a face to face, remember to wear a full face mask and visor combo to protect from the tears and snotters. 

I have no visor.

*Not really

I didn't think it possibly for Tam Cowan to make me cringe more than his boak-inducing fawning over Jason Leitch but he has just about managed it here.

Spoiler

🤣🤣😭😭😭🤣👌👌

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

And ear plugs so you dont have to listen Sydney Fucking Devine or Tony Fucking Bennett. 

51 and into that shite FFS

I once went to see Tony Bennett and he was rather good (unlike the tuneless drunk weegee cnut behind me who insisted in joining in every song)

The then Lord Provost of Edinburgh, Eric Milligan, was two rows in front of me. He was enjoying it but his wife sat with a face like a bulldog licking pish off a nettle.

Sidney Devine can get tae though 

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I clocked this.Screenshot_20201018-093023_Instagram.jpeg

What a fanny.  Here, Tam, I presume you or some lacky checks up on this thread the sensitive wee soul that you are - as such, the lack of a birth name doesn't make the post any less true.  He's no a witness in fucking court.  

Tam is literally on the verge of employing an Internets Detective to track down this young rapscallion Baracus.

Wait 'til he finds out about the pram.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, I'm not trying to wind him up or anything like that.

I've emailed in with my real name plenty of times, so it wouldn't be difficult to work out who I am if he reads all the correspondence like he says.

However if it makes any difference (and it doesn't) I can provide my name to Mr Cowan should he wish.

P.S. How can say "unlike certain proper shitebags I know" but then claim not to know my real name?

P.P.S. I hope Tam enjoyed the game on Saturday.

The problem with Tam is he will dish it out like most folk at the BBC but won't take it back, mind when they chucked Micheal Stewart for having a go at someone and it was deemed unfair, yet here we see Tam utterly frothing because someone called his taste in music shite (it is) but DA Baracus isn't on air to defend himself. As per usually the fuds at the Beeb using licence fee money to further their own agendas and folk still pay it - mad.

Tam when you read this maybe its time to update the tag line of your show from petty and ill-informed to self serving and moronic.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

The problem with Tam is he will dish it out like most folk at the BBC but won't take it back, mind when they chucked Micheal Stewart for having a go at someone and it was deemed unfair, yet here we see Tam utterly frothing because someone called his taste in music shite (it is) but DA Baracus isn't on air to defend himself. As per usually the fuds at the Beeb using licence fee money to further their own agendas and folk still pay it - mad.

Tam when you read this maybe its time to update the tag line of your show from petty and ill-informed to self serving and moronic.

I did insult him so I don't see an issue with him defending himself and giving a bit back.

I've been listening to Off The Ball since the start and it's definitely a habit. When not at the football I'll always have it on.

It's been discussed a lot but it's become so sycophantic and arse licking towards what it used to vehemently oppose and proudly stand against. Folk like me who felt that the show was for them have been so disappointed and feel let down by a show that spoke to and for us.

The slagging of Tam Cowan's musical tastes are nothing new and I'm sure he's used to it and it most likely doesn't bother him. 

Anyway, still unsure why I should be posting under my real name on here. No one else does and it's because it would be extremely unwise given how many psychos there are kicking around. 

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's possible to recognise that Tam Cowan has really deteriorated as a broadcaster and become something of a sycophantic arse these days, yet still think the BBC licence fee represents terrific value for money.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's been discussed a lot but it's become so sycophantic and arse licking towards what it used to vehemently oppose and proudly stand against. Folk like me who felt that the show was for them have been so disappointed and feel let down by a show that spoke to and for us.

That's exactly it.

Well put Sir.

I did insult him so I don't see an issue with him defending himself and giving a bit back.
I've been listening to Off The Ball since the start and it's definitely a habit. When not at the football I'll always have it on.
The slagging of Tam Cowan's musical tastes are nothing new and I'm sure he's used to it and it most likely doesn't bother him. 
Anyway, still unsure why I should be posting under my real name on here. No one else does and it's because it would be extremely unwise given how many psychos there are kicking around. 
Totally. I went to a live show they did, it must have been around 2001 or 2002 and people were encouraged to come along wearing their teams shirt. There were Pars, Arabs, Hibs and Hearts, Aberdeen, even Cowdenbeath and a couple of junior clubs there and while there were a few Rangers or Celtic tops on show, those guys got a good-natured slagging and a lot of the material on the night was about how paranoid Old Firm fans are, how fans of every other club can't stand either of them, how young players going there to rot in the reserves was one of the worst things that can happen to a player at your club etc. When I listen to it now (which is rare) it's like two completely different people. Sad.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But if we are going to play along to the utterly mad BBC rules he should be creating an account here to square go with you. This season is the first season I haven't heard any of the show and I don't miss it - the days a long gone when a bit of a laugh makes up for being well researched, coherent, engaging and entertaining. 

The "tropes" are so old they are mainly distant history or false now.

To be honest the Psychos on here can find where you live, knowing you name would probably make it easier to identify your body and notify your next of kin as least your ashes could be presented in a tasteful "off the ball mug"

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

It's possible to recognise that Tam Cowan has really deteriorated as a broadcaster and become something of a sycophantic arse these days, yet still think the BBC licence fee represents terrific value for money.

Was he ever a broadcaster - I thought he was a food critic who by virtue of being near the back of the paper was mistaken for a sports hack and wheeled in. Hilarious that the BBC either listen to it and think what a great show or don't listen to their prime time Saturday show

Is Tam using the licence fee to further his own agenda here? I thought it was a response on his personal Instagram account.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Was he ever a broadcaster - I thought he was a food critic who by virtue of being near the back of the paper was mistaken for a sports hack and wheeled in. Hilarious that the BBC either listen to it and think what a great show or don't listen to their prime time Saturday show

I thought the food critic thing came off the back of OTB, but I might be wrong.  

Either way, I'd say it's probably fair to describe someone who's been on the radio for quarter of a century as a broadcaster.