Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It's funny how so many people in this thread seem intent on listening to something that they don't enjoy, followed by posting their opinion of it on the internet.

What a great point that has only been made about 30 times already on this thread.

Most people listen to radio that's on in the background in the house and the car rather than gathering the family around the wireless.

You chose to listen to it, therefore you are not allowed to pass negative comment on it. What a daft argument.
It's a similar level of logic to the very common "your team is below my team in the league, so you cannot pass critical comment on my team"

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

If you are turning on at 13:55 for sportsound, I highly doubt you could find anything that irritable that you would feel the need to go online and express your opinion of it.

That's when there is Cowan's outro tune, so you know.. that's peak annoyance time! ;)

Stella and Tootsie can be funny at times, but they're spread a bit thin (!) these days: it was more balanced and entertaining when they were on early and Your Call was on later. So I say - bring back James Traynor and the nutters on the phone-in, if we ever return to a normal season.

6 minutes ago, St-ow! said:

bring back James Traynor

Jinkies, there is a brave first post to the thread. No easing in, just a straight call for a loathsome cúnt to be returned to our airwaves, what's more for him to be paid by our licence fee for his insulting and insane ramblings.

Edited by Ric

What I wanted to say was to add to their list they sometimes mention of exotic foreign places found in Scotland - you know, where there's a California near Falkirk, and a Moscow near Kilmarnock - I've discovered there's also a Turin near Forfar! 

And there's a River Dee, a Queensferry, and a Point of Ayr all within about a dozen miles of eachother - but not in Scotland! (Spoiler - they're to be found near Liverpool).

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The best segment I remember from years gone by was the nicknames. Some classics there, although I can only remember one or two (e.g. Krakatoa).

I remember one of the entries was for a guy named Wayne Bruce - they called him "Manbat'. 

Tam Cowan. “Let’s hear about your the penalty save you won’t forget”

“We all remember Pat Bonner at the Euro’s or was it the World Cup ? Anyway, against Romania we all remember the save and him celebrating in the yellow top”....

Romania wear Yellow.

Bonner wore Grey.

Petty and ill informed indeed.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Tam Cowan. “Let’s hear about your the penalty save you won’t forget”

“We all remember Pat Bonner at the Euro’s or was it the World Cup ? Anyway, against Romania we all remember the save and him celebrating in the yellow top”....

Romania wear Yellow.

Bonner wore Grey.

Petty and ill informed indeed.

It disnae matter

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Confirmation that tomorrow's show will be utter shite, as they announce who the guest is.

Hopefully he shows them this thread, although I suspect at least one of them reads it.