Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Cosgrove to be fair called bullshit on Budge's nonsense

55 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Tam Cowan is fine.

That's possibly because that pretentious arsehole Stuart Cosgrove makes him look so much better. 

Consider my shock when Cosgrove criticising Budge sees BonniePrinceCharlie slating him within 24 hours.

6 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Tam Cowan is fine.

That's possibly because that pretentious arsehole Stuart Cosgrove makes him look so much better. 

And yet there is another viewpoint. Listening to someone who is clearly bright and intelligent as opposed to someone who steadfastly refuses to say anything without using the local vernacular is refreshing in modern broadcasting. The number of people, breakfast DJs and their 'team' are good examples (GBX) who pander to their mass audience by pretending to be thick and one of them is sickening.

I may not agree with everything, or like every skit they do, but I for one would appreciate Cowan pronouncing just a few words they way they are supposed to be pronounced. 

I also agree with the above poster, if you don't like it, don't listen.

Open all mikes - for me would work better if they did not try to sensationalise a St Johnstone 4th goal at home to Hamilton. Just go over at the first opportunity after the current discussion.

Finally, Geoff and SS. I really like it, only cloud is the Tam Cowan like approach of Nicholas and Merson. Jeez. 

Finally, finally. That BBC Scotland score thingy at 4pm. If there was no other football programme on the TV or radio I would wait for the Sunday papers for the scores and give that a miss.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite
SPELLING

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Consider my shock when Cosgrove criticising Budge sees BonniePrinceCharlie slating him within 24 hours.

It's not me, I'm quite happy to red dot folk under my current anonymity. It's a daft football forum, I really dont give a f**k. ^_^

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

Cosgrove seems to me to "get it" from a fans perspective, despite being the more cerebral of the two.

Cowan, despite cultivating this "west coast working class hero" persona, always seems to be a bit more establishment and conservative in his outlook.

This was cemented for me when - en route back from Hampden after our cup win in 2016 -  Cowan was in frothing mouthed overdrive about how awful the Hibs fans were invading the pitch, whereas Cosgrove saw it for what it was - a joyful outpouring of relief after 114 years. Cosgrove then talked about some fantastic pitch invasions over the years and all Cowan could do was double down on his Daily Record persona.

In summary - 

Cosgrove - gid guy,

Cowan - w**k.

For whatever reason Cowan appears to have a preference for Hearts over Hibs. 

If I was a Hibby I would probably have a strong dislike for him. 

Cosgrove appears to have a bitter dislike of all things Hearts related, which is fine as I really have no time for the pretentious, scaly, ginger f**k. 

Cosgrove's hatred for Dundee borders on irrational. Sure he confirmed that he hates us because we won the league and relegated his beloved St Johnstone in the 60s and he's never forgiven us.

It's annoying because other than that and his passion for being a bit of a pretentious w**k at times, he's actually fun to listen to.

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Finally, finally. That BBC Scotland score thingy at 4pm. If there was no other football programme on the TV or radio I would wait for the Sunday papers for the scores and give that a miss.

This, this, this. The worst football programme on TV ever. It's even worse than Keith Lemon. 

For whatever reason Cowan appears to have a preference for Hearts over Hibs. 
If I was a Hibby I would probably have a strong dislike for him. 
Cosgrove appears to have a bitter dislike of all things Hearts related, which is fine as I really have no time for the pretentious, scaly, ginger f**k. 
One of my mates used to be a guest on it. He edited a Hibs fanzine. His theory is that him and his mates turned Cowan against Hibs. Hibs were playing at ibrox and the Hibs end was sold out. My mate contacted Stuart Cosgrove and asked if a couple of them could watch the game at the BBC (they had a live link to the game). Cosgrove said no problem.

Said Hibbies were having a couple of beers with Tam and Stuart during the game. Hibs scored. A beer was knocked over. It went all over Tam Cowans joke book and utterly fucked it. Tam Cowan has hated Hibs ever since that incident.

8 hours ago, Green Day said:

Cosgrove seems to me to "get it" from a fans perspective, despite being the more cerebral of the two.

Cowan, despite cultivating this "west coast working class hero" persona, always seems to be a bit more establishment and conservative in his outlook.

This was cemented for me when - en route back from Hampden after our cup win in 2016 -  Cowan was in frothing mouthed overdrive about how awful the Hibs fans were invading the pitch, whereas Cosgrove saw it for what it was - a joyful outpouring of relief after 114 years. Cosgrove then talked about some fantastic pitch invasions over the years and all Cowan could do was double down on his Daily Record persona.

In summary - 

Cosgrove - gid guy,

Cowan - w**k.

Raman from STV was raging as well at that cup final.

Tuned the radio on forgetting OTB was on, thought, "ach I'll give it 5 minutes". We've now had Tam Cowan claiming his very good friend Kilgour at the FoH praising the open letter, while Cosgrove fawning over Hearts.

Time to turn off, I can see how the rest of this show will go.

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

Tuned the radio on forgetting OTB was on, thought, "ach I'll give it 5 minutes". We've now had Tam Cowan claiming his very good friend Kilgour at the FoH praising the open letter, while Cosgrove fawning over Hearts.

Cosgrove has been hating on Hearts for weeks.

Cowan had been down on Hearts until 2 weeks ago when the story about Championship clubs not playing games started doing the rounds. 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Cosgrove has been hating on Hearts for weeks.

Cowan had been down on Hearts until 2 weeks ago when the story about Championship clubs not playing games started doing the rounds. 

I'll not lie I find both of them "a hard listen" even at the best of times.