Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to be an avid listener for years, could hear the slow decline for a while though. Got into the Terrace and Soccer FM instead, big fan of both, they're having a well-deserved break over the new year so went back to Off The Ball and ooft... Really wanted to find something positive to say but it is proper 'yer da', outdated, old pals' act stodge. Sad but true.

Surprisingly poor taste there from Cosgrove intimating a contributor had pumped a guests wife in the past.  I'd suggest that could've  ended with a toe to the hee haws.  

Would he have done the same if it was a well kent face in footballing circles?

I can imagine the high horsery if someone did the same about Mrs Cosgrove on the programme.  

Poor show, from a usually right on presenter IMHO.  

Why does that senile old git Cosgrove continually give his ‘team of the week’ to fucking Falkirk for a run of the mill league win? He then bangs on about how they have turned their season around and after a terrible start. Pretentious weirdo. 

On 02/02/2020 at 09:38, invergowrie arab said:

Cat Harvey and Can Cowan doing puns and end of the pier jokes all show.

The national broadcaster and it's like two volunteers have been brought in to provide entertainment at a day care centre.

Entertainment at a Day Care Centre? 

That kind of sums it up.

When OTB had their anniversary celebration etc programme did they acknowledge their debt to the football fanzines ?

For example '' The Absolute Game ''

with Graeme Souness' 10 worst tackles ( everyone will know the top 3 ) Only Michael Stewart has it these days

3 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

When OTB had their anniversary celebration etc programme did they acknowledge their debt to the football fanzines ?

For example '' The Absolute Game ''

with Graeme Souness' 10 worst tackles ( everyone will know the top 3 ) Only Michael Stewart has it these days

The Absolute Game is sorely missed. 

They did although I forget which ones as I was on the ale while watching it.  

Think I might still have a few Absolute Games lying around, must have a look for them. Sadly my brother told me a while back that he had given away his copies of AWOL, which was many people's favourite Scottish fanzine even non Meadowbank fans.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Craig Whyte on the phone now, a bit bizarrely incongruous...

I've always been able to see both sides of this question; but here's the verdict from the man who is said to have owned both the before and the after entity.

OTB.png.c4673d4e6b6546a5bad76a6d44a6d0b8.png 

Seem that he completely agrees with Jim Traynor's and Walter Smith's mid-2012 views on this. I'm almost finding myself persuaded by such unanimity.