Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 17/09/2019 at 12:02, Savage Henry said:

Kirsty Wark might want to have a word with her agent if that’s the kind of show she’s appearing on these days.

I mind her being on it along with Alex Salmond way back when Labour were in power at Holyrood. 

Tam asked Salmond what he would be looking forward to most if he became first minister and he replied being invited to Kirsty's holiday villa 😄

For the benefit of our younger readers

True. He comes out with stuff about Saints that is patently nonsense quite often. I get the impression he likes football 'culture' more than the actual intricacies of the game.
For all the above, I still think it's fairly entertaining, and will listen in on the way to an away game. 
The two guests on Saturday lunchtime were really good.
I agreed with all of that except the last sentence. Wark doesn't belong on that show and McDonald is a liar and a complete fucking airhead to boot.

I know it's been a bit of a running joke that they have to always have at least one guest on who supports Sevco or Celtic, but it's been going on for so long that it can't actually be in doubt that it now is a genuine policy.

Edited by DA Baracus

Bullshit bingo found: 'You really would expect Dunfermline v Partick to be a top flight match'.

Well no you wouldn't, as Dunfermline v Partick have only shared the top flight in two seasons since Scottish football went to its current four tier setup back in the 1970s. 

Edited by vikingTON

Someone emailed in 'Lewis Vaughan' in reply to the topic 'What does Dunfermline mean you to?'

Cosgrove pretended he knew what that meant, and the Pars fan on sounded confused.

It was all of 8 months ago, although I wish I never remembered it

Fair point, except Scottish football only went to a 4 tier setup in 1994.

Bullshit bingo found: 'You really would expect Dunfermline v Partick to be a top flight match'.
Well no you wouldn't, as Dunfermline v Partick have only shared the top flight in two seasons since Scottish football went to its current four tier setup back in the 1970s. 

I always listen to Off The Ball when I can, even if it’s just to shout at the radio sometimes, so not in the camp of the folk who want it taken off air. However, Cowan has to move with the times and, as he did today yet again, he has to stop referring to women as “burds”. It’s embarrassing in the extreme that he thinks that it is perfectly ok to do this.

Continuing the theme of Cowan and Cosgrove not actually knowing much about Scottish football, Cowan has just claimed that Celtic signed Dorus De Vries from Dundee United and that he spent 'a decade' as their sub keeper. Even when John Rankin pointed out that De Vries was at the Pars and was then signed by Swansea, Cosgrove maintained it.

De Vries played one season for us, 06/07. He signed for Celtic in 2016.

Presumably Cowan meant Lukasz Zaluska who signed for Celtic from Dundee United and spent 6 years there.

Continuing the theme of Cowan and Cosgrove not actually knowing much about Scottish football, Cowan has just claimed that Celtic signed Dorus De Vries from Dundee United and that he spent 'a decade' as their sub keeper. Even when John Rankin pointed out that De Vries was at the Pars and was then signed by Swansea, Cosgrove maintained it.
De Vries played one season for us, 06/07. He signed for Celtic in 2016.
Presumably Cowan meant Lukasz Zaluska who signed for Celtic from Dundee United and spent 6 years there.

Thank you, DA! I was racking my brain to think who he actually meant. Could picture him but the name wasn’t coming to me.