Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m just catching up on Saturday’s lunchtime show. Absolutely no surprise whatsoever that the sycophantic Tam Cowan is gushing over the atrocious ‘Singing I’m no a Billy, He’s a Tim’ show. 

For all his faults, it is difficult to imagine Cosgrove affording it the same level of enthusiasm.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Aside from the fact that Off the Ball tropes are a recurring, er, trope, you're spot on

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Cowan seems to have taken an extreme shine to the word 'trope' today. What's the betting he only learned the word in the last week?

A listener explained what a trope was 2 or 3 years ago and he has never stopped using it 

18 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Cowan seems to have taken an extreme shine to the word 'trope' today. What's the betting he only learned the word in the last week?

He went through a wee phase last season of using "rinsed" before dropping it like a sack of shite.

He's a goon.

• 1 month later...
Amy MacDonald giving Tommy Wright peters.

Highly qualified to comment.
Maybe she could write a song about it - it’d be like all her other songs: I wouldn’t listen to it either.
I thought there was a confidentiality clause?

On 10/08/2019 at 14:10, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

But my, what an original and acerbic wit! Teenage boys masturbate and this makes them short-sighted, he has revealed as, for the umpteenth time, he makes the comment about watching Channel 4 Red Triangle films in the eighties.
Yer patter's shite, Tam!

It's 2019 mate. If you don't like Off The Ball there's plenty of other options available. 

It's 2019 mate. If you don't like Off The Ball there's plenty of other options available. 

Doesn’t matter if it’s 2019, we’re talking about OTB right now.
It’s a tired, dull format. Past its sell by date.
Often there are long periods of drivel with no mention of football. Some obscure guest or one of the two C’s havering about something from decades ago unrelated to the game.