Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't listen to it much these days (stick on Pick of the Pops if I'm driving to an away game) but it seems whenever we do they have the same guests on. I'm sure I heard that guy from the hilarious sounding* "I'm no a Billy, he's a Tim" stage show several times in recent years?

*may be sarcasm

2 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

That Si Ferry character is absolutely cringeworthy in the post 5.30 slot.

On balance Id keep the lunchtime OTB going but after 5.30 really needs a re-think. It’s awful, as it stands.

He's definitely not going to be doing it every week given that he's still playing for Peterhead.

Just for the shíts and giggles, I tuned in today for the first time in quite a while, thinking “If it’s Cosgrove and Cowan, I’ll maybe manage the first 20-30 mins until some absolute roaster guest comes on......anyhoo, at 12.06 pm when I switched on, all I got was an earful of some nasal Weegie bint and switched straight off......who the feck is she ?
Dire, dire, dire...........[emoji37][emoji37]

27 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Care to explain, or do you thrive on being and enigma, shrouded in mystery, boxed in a puzzle.

Chico? Who’s Chico, son?

You’ve whooshed yourself thinking I’m someone else. In Layman’s terms all you’ve done is made a bit of c**t of yourself 

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Just for the shíts and giggles, I tuned in today for the first time in quite a while, thinking “If it’s Cosgrove and Cowan, I’ll maybe manage the first 20-30 mins until some absolute roaster guest comes on......anyhoo, at 12.06 pm when I switched on, all I got was an earful of some nasal Weegie bint and switched straight off......who the feck is she ?
Dire, dire, dire...........emoji37.pngemoji37.png

Amy Irons from Dumfries, daughter of Davie Irons.

1 minute ago, RubixPubes said:

Chico? Who’s Chico, son?

You’ve whooshed yourself thinking I’m someone else. In Layman’s terms all you’ve done is made a bit of c**t of yourself 

Chick"Chico"Young is a presenter and attempts on a regular basis to be a broadcaster. You see to have taken exception to myself reporting his comments to the BBC for what was at best a dark joke and at worst very creepy behaviour. Seeing as noone else thought it was odd to report the comments Chico made then I surmise that you are indeed Chico himself.

Also a woosh is when you fail to correctly interperate a joke.

On 26/07/2019 at 16:08, jamamafegan said:

I like off the ball and I like Stuart and Tam. I find it relatively entertaining. I think people forget how utterly dreadfully would be if you had a couple of Old Firm supporting fannies on it.

Is “Your Call with Jim Traynor” still a thing? Haven’t heard it in ages but all I remember is shit like “let’s go to Andy in Peterhead, hi Andy” - “Hi Jim, yeah I’m a Rangers fan...” or Calum in Kirkcaldy who’s a Celtic fan for example. Pile of absolute shite.

This is all true but on your call it was the words 'let's go to Dawn in Falkirk' that gave me the fear. You couldn't fault her optimism or enthusiasm for Falkirk but it was absoloutely cringeworthy even by that shows standards.

I don't listen to it much these days (stick on Pick of the Pops if I'm driving to an away game) but it seems whenever we do they have the same guests on. I'm sure I heard that guy from the hilarious sounding* "I'm no a Billy, he's a Tim" stage show several times in recent years?

*may be sarcasm
Was at Strathclyde Park for the Home International rowing yesterday (Scotland smashed it, sculling fans!), and pulling off the motorway the first thing you see when you come into Motherwell is a gigantic poster advertising that shite.
Bloody depressing man.

On 28/07/2019 at 03:24, Ivo den Bieman said:

That Si Ferry character is absolutely cringeworthy in the post 5.30 slot.

On balance Id keep the lunchtime OTB going but after 5.30 really needs a re-think. It’s awful, as it stands.

This, OTB afternoon is fine depending on the guests, the evening show is just shite.  Bring back a call in/discuss the days games from a supporters point of view. Some headsgone is very entertaining sometimes.