Buddist Monk

Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

420 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The BBC replied to my compliant on the 13th June after I thought Chick Chico Young was bang out of order saying that he would like to own Pamela Anderson. Here is the BBC's response:

"... we accept that on this occasion the comments made may have crossed the line and we have spoken to the programme’s presenters.

Much of the success of the show is down to its edgy, close to the knuckle humour and it is billed as the ‘most petty and ill-informed sports programme on radio’.

We appreciate that this isn’t to the tastes of all people. However, we do value audience feedback and appreciate your comments on the programme.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us."

I'm not sure I would call off the ball edgy and being petty and ill-informed is no excuse in my opinion to talk about anyone as an object. Sadly it looks like Chico will get the gig again in the future.

Edited by Adam101

The BBC replied to my compliant on the 13th June after I thought Chick Chico Young was bang out of order saying that he would like to own Pamela Anderson. Here is the BBC's response:
... we accept that on this occasion the comments made may have crossed the line and we have spoken to the programme’s presenters.
Much of the success of the show is down to its edgy, close to the knuckle humour and it is billed as the ‘most petty and ill-informed sports programme on radio’.
We appreciate that this isn’t to the tastes of all people. However, we do value audience feedback and appreciate your comments on the programme.
Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

I'm not sure I would all off the ball edgy and being petty and ill-informed is no excuse in my opinion to talk about anyone as an object. Sadly it looks like Chico will get the gig again in the future.
That's a piss poor response/excuse even by bbc standards.
Im going to start saying whatever i want and if anyone questions me I'll say I'm edgy.

6 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

That's a piss poor response/excuse even by bbc standards.
Im going to start saying whatever i want and if anyone questions me I'll say I'm edgy.

The last bit was my response to their reply

“Much of the success of the show is down to its edgy, close to the knuckle humour and it is billed as the ‘most petty and ill-informed sports programme on radio”.

Outstanding response.
Fuxake.........

On 25/05/2019 at 13:55, Florentine_Pogen said:

So Danny Baker gets the bullet for his mixed race Royal Baby / chimp tweet yet the Cro Magnons of Pacific Quay are allowed to do homophobia ?

Homophobic innuendo is one of the pillars this country was built on 

28 minutes ago, dundee_creditor said:

Homophobic innuendo is one of the pillars this country was built on 

It's 2019, we should put that behind us

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

"... we accept that on this occasion the comments made may have crossed the line and we have spoken to the programme’s presenters.

I'm not sure I would call off the ball edgy and being petty and ill-informed is no excuse in my opinion to talk about anyone as an object. Sadly it looks like Chico will get the gig again in the future.

I don't know how you listened long enough to hear that though it is a valid complaint. If I turn it on and hear Chic's voice the radio gets immediately switched to another station.  The quality of the show has went downhill massively in the last few years, through laziness rather than anything else. Hawksbee and Jacobs the oasis of quality in the steaming turd that is Talksport have managed to put out a consistently entertaning irreverent show for a long time that is in the spirit that OTB used to be and is the standard they should be aspiring to.

37 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I don't know how you listened long enough to hear that though it is a valid complaint. If I turn it on and hear Chic's voice the radio gets immediately switched to another station.  The quality of the show has went downhill massively in the last few years, through laziness rather than anything else. Hawksbee and Jacobs the oasis of quality in the steaming turd that is Talksport have managed to put out a consistently entertaning irreverent show for a long time that is in the spirit that OTB used to be and is the standard they should be aspiring to.

I got in the car and he was explaining how he would like to own her, I noted the time and turned it off after Tam didn't call him out but was noticeably awkward

If I turn it on and hear Chic's voice the radio gets immediately switched to another station.......

Doin’ it right..........

I got exactly the same e-mail response from the BBC as Adam 101 when I complained about the same programme. If the BBC think misogeny and homophobia are edgy and close to the knuckle humour it's no wonder paedophiles and sexual predators found a safe haven there for so long, with pay and expenses. I complained about Sportsound a couple of years ago and didn't receive a response. Tbf, my complaint simply amounted to "Willie Miller is a c**t." (He clearly isn't, he'd just wound me up to the point of a complete loss of reasonable thought). I then realised that this was probably being read by a 20 something unpaid intern hiding from sexual predators in a BBC cupboard somewhere thinking, "who the f**k is Willie Miller?"

Avid listener of off the ball. Tam and Stuart are always in good form. Having said that when Tam likes some one he has the tendency to suck up there arse. Craig levin, Steve Clarke, Leanne Dempster to name a few.

On 25/06/2019 at 16:58, Adam101 said:

Corporate  patronising at its finest. 

2 hours ago, gmcg94 said:

Tam and Stuart are always in good form.

You must have low standards?

They're a pair of hacks with their best days well behind them.

Neither Cosgrove or Cowan around today.

I lasted two minutes until the bloke and lassie they had on started this dialogue ...

pik featness

Peak featness

Peak fitness

Giggle giggle giggle

So if today’s show ends up being a monumental classic I’ll need to download the podcast

Neither Cosgrove or Cowan around today.

I lasted two minutes until the bloke and lassie they had on started this dialogue ...

pik featness
Peak featness
Peak fitness
Giggle giggle giggle

So if today’s show ends up being a monumental classic I’ll need to download the podcast

Thought Cat Harvey was alright with Cosgrove last night. This guy that's on is worse than Tam and Stuart have ever been.

Turned it on to be met with their 'confused' discussion over how the shoot-out/points in a Betfred Cup game works; turned it off immediately for being such a heap of pish. 

This format has been in place for years and a five year old could grasp it by now.