Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest JTS98
13 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

medium

/ˈmiːdɪəm/

noun

an agency or means of doing something.

"using the latest technology as a medium for job creation"

synonyms:means of communication, means/mode of expression, means, method, way, form, agency, channel, forum; More

Correct, no?

Depends whether you meant "It's a different medium" or "They're different media", no?

Plural 'media'?

Edited by JTS98

Guest JTS98
15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

medium

/ˈmiːdɪəm/

noun

an agency or means of doing something.

"using the latest technology as a medium for job creation"

synonyms:means of communication, means/mode of expression, means, method, way, form, agency, channel, forum; More

Correct, no?

Further in-depth research (Google) reveals that media and mediums are both correct plural forms.

Carry on.

On 3/30/2019 at 12:15, Doctor Sanchez said:

Sounds like Tam Cowan has had a breakfast of the Bolivian talcum powder.  Stuart trying to make a point about Scotland and Cowan constantly interupting and hijacking every sentence.  

Annoying.  

No, that's normal behaviour for him. 

My god, Cat Shearer & Chick Young make for absolutely woeful listening. Tin Pot Radio.

Today would have been an ideal opportunity to get the Terrace boys in to see how they get on. I wonder though if maybe there's a fear that Cosgrove and Cowan would be shown up. Instead, they put on Cat & Chick to make Stuart and Tam seem like the golden boys of radio 

26 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I think it was actually Cat Harvey.  You've scalded the wrong Cat.

Ah well, if she's allowed to make repeated mistakes and still keep her job (getting Dunfermline & St Mirren mixed up for example) then I'm sure I can be excused!

I know that loads of people on here don’t particularly like Cowan and Cosgrove on the show, but I have never, ever considered switching it off. Coming back from the match at Dens I had to, just had to, switch Off The Ball off after a couple of minutes. Utterly dreadful. Who thought it was a good idea to put Chick Young on the show, and even worse give him a female co-host to try his macho stuff on. Absolute nightmare today.

10 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Yep wall to wall wallopers on OTB today. Gruesome stuff.

To be honest that's been every episode for the last 15 years or so.