Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as someone other than me has posted for a while, fair play to them both over the last few weeks tearing sky/SPFL/BBC a new one over their respective slavish devotions to covering Celtic's gentle post-split title coast in lieu of Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen going for 3rd/Europe and the relegation fixtures that almost because a series of mini playoffs 

20 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I suppose we are duty-bound to say how excellent the guest was on Sunday....

A tedious old bore

Spoiler

but enough about Cosgrove, that Div chap wasnae bad :lol:

That video off the guy saying the trophy was to heavy for the Manchester United lassie to hold and was trying make sure she wouldn’t drop it. I mentioned on twitter if it was Tam Cowan. His wife I believe replied with “more trophies than Aberdeen will win” I found it amusing seeing Well won the bottom six trophy 

On 13/04/2023 at 21:22, Junior_Arab said:

I’m quite enjoying hearing at every turn about how Big Ange really “gets” the club etc. It just reminds me so much of the pish they used to spout about Rodgers shortly before he fucked off to a bigger club. Scenes when Postecoglu  jumps ship for Bournemouth or wherever in the summer. 

Can you give me this weeks lottery numbers please.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Scotland are apparently playing Montenegro after the Norway game, as Montenegro are in our qualifying group seemingly.

Wishful thinking. They're not doing so well these days, and I don't think we've ever played them, so I'd be looking forward to it a bit more than fucking Georgia again.

On 13/04/2023 at 21:22, Junior_Arab said:

I’m quite enjoying hearing at every turn about how Big Ange really “gets” the club etc. It just reminds me so much of the pish they used to spout about Rodgers shortly before he fucked off to a bigger club. Scenes when Postecoglu  jumps ship for Bournemouth or wherever in the summer. 

Glorious. 

Dont know if anyone else has noticed..but to me..Cosgrove tends to talk over Tam a lot more than he used to ...when I say talk...he fekin SHOUTS over Tam and bearing in mind its a radio show......it comes across as shouty nonsense.

For aw that and the show being utterly mundane and gormless ... its no bad.  

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Scotland are apparently playing Montenegro after the Norway game, as Montenegro are in our qualifying group seemingly.

That right?

I'm playing spin bowler in a one-off cricket match next week.

We have a vacancy for a 'silly mid-off'.

On 11/06/2023 at 15:35, BTFD said:

Wishful thinking. They're not doing so well these days, and I don't think we've ever played them, so I'd be looking forward to it a bit more than fucking Georgia again.

I wouldn't say we've ever fucked Georgia. Two scrappy one goal wins and two defeats.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the shows over the weekend but perhaps that's just because it was far better than being stuck on the motorway.... 

I would have naturally up till now put myself on Cosgrove's "side" of music rather than Tam's crooning pish, but the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth at a (very popular!) choice of song was.... Undignified 🤭 And to have the termiity to describe it as "screeching" in the outpouring of Cosgrovian rage... 😂😂😂

Was that a Black Sabbath song? Cosgrove wasn't wrong imo

Cowan's biggest crime was admitting he'd never seen Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. He's mid 50's and it was on TV every year for decades since it's release.

He's beyond one for the watch with his tastes. 

I didn’t like how Tam just sort of brushed off Parkinsons disease and Rae’s time in rehab. Moved on far too quickly on both imo. 

I get it’s maybe not the best subject for a radio show but it’s important to talk and all that. 

14 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I really enjoyed the shows over the weekend but perhaps that's just because it was far better than being stuck on the motorway.... 

I would have naturally up till now put myself on Cosgrove's "side" of music rather than Tam's crooning pish, but the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth at a (very popular!) choice of song was.... Undignified 🤭 And to have the termiity to describe it as "screeching" in the outpouring of Cosgrovian rage... 😂😂😂

Was that the Led Zeppelin track? For a guy who would say he is seriously into music Cosgrove really comes over as a tedious old bore at times. One of the biggest bands that there's ever been whose music is still as popular as ever, unlike a lot of the stuff Cosgrove champions, and all he can do is a sub par impersonation of a failing NME hack. Dear oh dear.

Edited by AndyM

2 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Was that the Led Zeppelin track? For a guy who would say he is seriously into music Cosgrove really comes over as a tedious old bore at times. 

As a guy who is seriously into music Cosgrove probably just sees Led Zeppelin as tedious old frauds who pass over the work of black musicians as their own....see 'Whole Lotta Love'. As someone who is always banging on about 'authentic' black inner city soul music it would be remiss of him to think otherwise.