Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

They should've boycotted the show today.  I'm surprised Cosgrove has gone in.

Thought introducing themselves as Andrew Neil and Fiona Bruce was quite good, don't see why they should down tools on behalf of Lineker though, I'm sure his BT contract will see him through these difficult times.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Could actually be interesting today if Cosgrove is allowed to give his genuine thoughts on the MOTD debacle

Did he speak truth to power in his "Channel 4 Senior Management" media voice or his "HA HA TAAM" Scottish fitba patter voice?

Edited by VictorOnopko

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought introducing themselves as Andrew Neil and Fiona Bruce was quite good, don't see why they should down tools on behalf of Lineker though, I'm sure his BT contract will see him through these difficult times.

Not sure you’re following. 

See a Livingston MP brought up Tam Cowan in parliament this week around the hypocrisy that there was an uproar about Gary Linekers tweet but nothing about Tam Cowan sharing a video of drunk women falling over on international womans day on Instagram

Its like complaining that someone has retweeted a Greenpeace post about banning whaling but not condemned Brian Burnett for having a fish supper. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

See a Livingston MP brought up Tam Cowan in parliament this week around the hypocrisy that there was an uproar about Gary Linekers tweet but nothing about Tam Cowan sharing a video of drunk women falling over on international womans day on Instagram

Its like complaining that someone has retweeted a Greenpeace post about banning whaling but not condemned Brian Burnett for having a fish supper. 

Hannah Bardell was on Off The Ball quite recently.

I've watched the clip from the HOC and without knowing the context or even the logic, I'm at a loss to understand why she thought that was in any way worthy. 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Hannah Bardell was on Off The Ball quite recently.

I've watched the clip from the HOC and without knowing the context or even the logic, I'm at a loss to understand why she thought that was in any way worthy. 

The real story is what Tam said/did in the studio that left her seething enough to try throwing him under the bus on such a flimsy pretext.

48 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The real story is what Tam said/did in the studio that left her seething enough to try throwing him under the bus on such a flimsy pretext.

You know it's funny, the more some people look to take offence, the more they find it.

Just misplaced whining on her part.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Cowan's Instagram is absolutely horrendous, full of the very worst yer da jokes and absolutely dripping in misogyny. I think there's a very fair point in there about why the BBC's social media guidelines don't seem to extend to Scotland - you also had Steven Thompson making what basically amounted to a homophobic joke the other week.

Not the first time I’ve heard “Thommo” accused of homophobia. 

I actually had to block Cowan’s Instagram. I was finding myself looking at it like some sort of voyeur. People from the BBC have to seen it as well and I can’t believe no-one has had a word with him about what often amounts to bigotry. 

Edited by Highland Capital

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Cowan's Instagram is absolutely horrendous, full of the very worst yer da jokes and absolutely dripping in misogyny. I think there's a very fair point in there about why the BBC's social media guidelines don't seem to extend to Scotland - you also had Steven Thompson making what basically amounted to a homophobic joke the other week.

This, completely reeks of the misogyny and light-homophobia.

Can someone please teach him how to use Instagram Stories properly, he doesn't need to put a song on every single post.

Stewart, Cosgrove and Cowan get away with what they like as they'll be seen as "freelance contributors". BBC Scotland are so small-time that as long as no-one says anything overtly politically (on-air) surrounding the constitution then they'll be fine. Even then Levein got away with slagging Sturgeon.

Thompson (and Leanne Crichton) however, are effectively like Lineker, a pan-BBC (Scotland) figure, and should be probably held to higher standard.

But then again, this is a broadcaster that had Graeme Spiers, who spends his days supporting every sexist and homophobe, appear as an expert on homophobia in Zander Murray's new documentary.

Edited by Ray Patterson

I appreciate there’s another conversation going on, but I just caught up with the podcast from the weekend, and seen as at least one of Stuart and Tam lurk here…

FAO Stuart you can’t “baby sit” your own kid, it’s called parenting. Absolutely does my tits in when other dads (it’s always always dads) call their own responsibilities baby sitting.