Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

Certainly. Instead of just pressing quote and typing your reply, you hit the + icon next to the word quote of each post you wish to respond too, then when you reply it will quote them all for you. 

Brilliant. Thanks for that, I had no idea.

I know that Tam and Stuart both read this, so I'd like to just say that having caught up all 3 guests across the weekend were good.

But holy hell that Scaffolders song on Sunday was absolutely fucking terrible, how the f**k did that get past any kind of editorial decision, even the lax standards present on OTB.

To be fair to Cosgrove, he did sound a bit embarrassed that his memory of it was better than reality. Absolute fucking shite. Possibly the worst thing that's ever been on that show

My problem with the show is no matter how long you haven’t listened to it, if you do switch on you are never far away from one of Tam’s well worn anecdotes;

- The Motherwell fan nipping to the toilet before leaving the ground in the 6-6 game, the ‘Well scoring and said fan going back to his seat.

- Woman in the chippy using the scoop to lift up a dug’s shite.

- Alex Salmond not knowing who Accies’ fan Fergie was when informed of his passing.

- Jose Quintongo drapping the ‘C’ bomb.

- Paul Daniels saving him in Blackpool.

- Meeting a Gallagher brother in a restaurant in Glasgow.

I’ve heard these stories, and many others, so many times it has become more like visiting an elderly relative with dementia than listening to a national radio show.

Maybe, I’ve just been unlucky when I’ve tuned in!

Cosgrove not without his issues but isn’t on repeat imo as much as Cowan.

Edited by Quatermass

30 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Found Cowan particularly odious today. Clearly fancies Kirsty Wark and was coming across very 70s TV presenter. 

Interestingly, I actually put the clear rapport and bonhomie between all three down to the closeness of Scotland's media firmament, regardless of where one stands on the independence question.

1 hour ago, Quatermass said:

- Alex Salmond not knowing who Accies’ fan Fergie was when informed of his passing.

TBF - not heard this one in a while. It would be good if they could actually dig out the recording of it

Oddly, I can't recall either of these 😂

I’ve heard these stories, and many others, so many times it has become more like visiting an elderly relative with dementia than listening to a national radio show.

👀👀🤨🤔

My problem with the show is no matter how long you haven’t listened to it, if you do switch on you are never far away from one of Tam’s well worn anecdotes;

- The Motherwell fan nipping to the toilet before leaving the ground in the 6-6 game, the ‘Well scoring and said fan going back to his seat.

You forgot about the stray warm-up shot that knocked a woman's cup of tea out of her hand. 

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

You forgot about the stray warm-up shot that knocked a woman's cup of tea out of her hand. 

Haha, yes. Pretty sure I witnessed that as well. Woman, her husband and grandson were at every single game home and away. Might have been Craigan of all folk that squinted it although it seems odd that he was taking shots in the warmup!

2 hours ago, Quatermass said:

You've missed out the stray shot that seemingly smashed a woman's scalding cup of Bovril all over her. Tam can still hear her screams to this day apparently.

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

You've missed out the stray shot that seemingly smashed a woman's scalding cup of Bovril all over her. Tam can still hear her screams to this day apparently.

You're worse than Tam. 

45 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

You're worse than Tam. 

He also repeatedly tells the story about about the woman who was skelped with the ball just as she was taking a sook out her boiling hot drink. Says he’ll never forget her screams. 

Edited by CoF

4 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Interestingly, I actually put the clear rapport and bonhomie between all three down to the closeness of Scotland's media firmament, regardless of where one stands on the independence question.

There was a bit of that, but you could tell Cowan was getting annoyed when Kirsty Wark was getting a few digs in

The other one that always got repeated was the tale of their old producer who went to get a roll and sausage from the catering van. The wifie put butter on the knife to butter his roll, but he said he didn't want some so she just licked the butter off the knife and carried on like nothing had happened.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The other one that always got repeated was the tale of their old producer who went to get a roll and sausage from the catering van. The wifie put butter on the knife to butter his roll, but he said he didn't want some so she just licked the butter off the knife and carried on like nothing had happened.

Cowan is tremendous at recalling other people's anecdotes

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

There was a bit of that, but you could tell Cowan was getting annoyed when Kirsty Wark was getting a few digs in

He’s quick witted and good with a line but, like Cosgrove, you can hear a slightly ‘pissed aff’ tone in his voice if someone catches him with a belter. Although nothing beats a few years back when Cosgrove took the utter huff and sulked for an entire Saturday show when Tam pulled him up as an example of someone who is very obviously well connected/high up in the media world but tries at times to come across like someone who has just rocked in aff the terraces and onto a microphone. To be fair to Cosgrove he has always openly discussed his career and interests and he has achieved a great deal……I just think they get on each other’s tits quite a bit at times.

Edited by Quatermass