Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

906 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the spirit of fairness I'd just like to say that I've just listened to the podcast of yesterday's show and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a great show when the two guests are genuine football people. The Dundee United fan was a good guest and the Jim McLean stories were enjoyable. There are few shows where you'll get so much informed and affectionate content on clubs like Killie and Dundee United.

This is what the show can be when they don't have some actor or musician as a guest who has no interest in football, or when they don't have some Old Firm supporting guest who knows hee haw about any other clubs.

More like this, please.

59 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

He's a chube. We were "humped"/ "rode" / "pumped" / "shafted" etc is only a step from "raped", which, it wouldn't surprise me if he used off air.

It's "only a step" away in the same way that buying something from the shop is only a step away from stealing it.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

I purchase, again with my own money and not yours, the Daily Mail on a Tuesday and Friday. 

Fair enough but in terms of journalism both of those print editions have less actual journalism in them that off the ball which is really impressive.

Guest Moomintroll
I purchase, again with my own money and not yours, the Daily Mail on a Tuesday and Friday. 
Martin Samuel does a very good column on those days, is that printed in Scotland?

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Fair enough but in terms of journalism both of those print editions have less actual journalism in them that off the ball which is really impressive.

How do you know ? 

Are you reading my copies over my shoulder ? 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, shull said:

Martin Samuel does a very good column on those days, is that printed in Scotland?

Never noticed Martin.Samuel. I concentrate on Richard Littlejohn's very enjoyable quality Columns on a Tuesday and Friday. 

15 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Have you just admitted to buying the sun?:thumbsdown

4 hours ago, shull said:

I buy it every day with my own money. 

4 hours ago, shull said:

You could knock me over with a feather right now tbh.

2 hours ago, shull said:

How do you know ? 

Are you reading my copies over my shoulder ? 

nope but I see their front pages which are just stock articles. Weather!!! The Queen!!! Taxes!!!! I find it quite odd seeing as the weather articles are usually rubbish, the queen is the only forgiven person they don't hold a suspicion off and they themselves don't pay their taxes here in Britain.

As for the sun who make shock articles now and then put the changes in their corrections section later on. As for their page three, Hillsborough, phone hacking, bandwagon jumping and obsession for the old firm, then I personally can't see any reason to buy the paper. But like I say its a free county buy what you like however I often think that the mail in particular takes free speech right to the edge of hate crimes. 

Back to off the ball I guess ...

Im sure Stuart wrote an article in the National saying he gets £800 a week to do the show (not sure if that included other appearances on the BBC or not) seems like quite a good gig

29 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

nope but I see their front pages which are just stock articles. Weather!!! The Queen!!! Taxes!!!! I find it quite odd seeing as the weather articles are usually rubbish, the queen is the only forgiven person they don't hold a suspicion off and they themselves don't pay their taxes here in Britain.

As for the sun who make shock articles now and then put the changes in their corrections section later on. As for their page three, Hillsborough, phone hacking, bandwagon jumping and obsession for the old firm, then I personally can't see any reason to buy the paper. But like I say its a free county buy what you like however I often think that the mail in particular takes free speech right to the edge of hate crimes. 

Back to off the ball I guess ...

Im sure Stuart wrote an article in the National saying he gets £800 a week to do the show (not sure if that included other appearances on the BBC or not) seems like quite a good gig

I am obsessed with Sevco2012 and Celtic also. 

Scottish Football will thrive when both are removed.